Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new to mdx.org. i want to know how much mpg other people's mdx has. my 02 w/0 nav reads 21.1

·
Registered
492 Posts
03, combination city highway miles = 16.8 (on the trip computer read-out).

Not broken in yet, but it is the same as the 01 MDX I traded in!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Best hiway I ever got was 22mpg. General travel is around 18-19. I don't do cities so all my general travel is combo freeway and mountain roads.

OK but never have got close to advertised max and I have an 01 with 15k miles

Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
Casique said:
03, combination city highway miles = 16.8 (on the trip computer read-out).

Not broken in yet, but it is the same as the 01 MDX I traded in!
I average probably around 16, with alot around town. On the highway I can get 21-22, but my wife does a few miles per gallon better....softer foot hehe....and also a slower speed!:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
BEST MPG

:1: My best MPG was 26.4 at 70 mph on the I15 going to Las Vegas.:)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: BEST MPG

RAFAEL JR said:
:1: My best MPG was 26.4 at 70 mph on the I15 going to Las Vegas.:)
Too bad for the Baker grade. Without that long uphill portion of I15 you would have done even better. From what I recall about that stretch of freeway, between Barstool and Lost Wages, you were probably being passed by everyone at 70 MPH.

I have been very happy with MPG on 100% highway/freeway driving. Have gotten between 23.5 and 26.5 when I checked actual MPG. The trip computer indicates slightly higher MPG.

I now have about 7000 miles on my X and the mileage has not improved as the miles have increased. It may be a little worse now that my X is broken in but I have gained a little weight (especially in the right foot).:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
With over 2000 miles I have never gotten better then 17.0 using the trip computer as a guide. I have bounced between grades of gas too and will not go down that sordid tail cept to say it runs great on all grades but MPG does change with the grade 1.0.
hi ho

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they have 93 octane in barstow?! damn, i only get the top which is 91 in the bay. damn barstow. i could use some of that 93 octane!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't know how anyone could bet better than 25. My best is 23.5 I just don't have the patience to drive at 55-60 to get that high MPG!
Rationally it doesn't make much sense to drive 70 vs 60 since the time diff isn't that much for the 2 hr trips, but it just seems more fun. In fact I like to go at least 75.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Rail said:
I got 25.6 mpg going about an average of 85 from LA to Vegas and back. The MDX seemed to really like the 93 octane I filled up with around Barstow. My normal average around LA is 18.5 mpg.

Rail
Rail
How in that heck do you get that 25.6 going 85 MPH. You must have gotten one of those luckily "tuned" engines/trannies!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Do we have 93 octane in the Bay Area? I always thought if was 87, 89, and 91. I know there used to be a Chevron Custom Supreme.

Anyway, I don't think the coorelation is that great, and where does it end? When we decide to go with aviaton fuel and burn the valves?
Kidding, but I thought 91 was considered 'premium' for today's cars, and 93 was to keep the high compression performance machines of yesterday on the road.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
DaleB said:
Do we have 93 octane in the Bay Area? I always thought if was 87, 89, and 91. I know there used to be a Chevron Custom Supreme. ...
I recently filled up on 92 Octane (near your neck of the woods) Santa Clara, and the difference was noticeable from 91 octane.:4:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts