Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the site they said "We represent the Internet Accessories division of the Ray Laks Honda and Acura dealerships in Western New York, striving to provide our customers with the best service and prices you'll find on the internet for genuine Acura and Honda parts and accessories, with FREE SHIPPING in the continental US (2.00 handling charge per order, HI, AK, and international extra)". . Does that mean, e.g when I buy a allweather mats in HondaAcuraWorld.com it cost me $91 in Canadian, $2 shipping and the total will be $93 in Canadian??? I don't get it :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Well, it's supposed to work like this.....

The mats are $91.00 US. There is a 2.00 per order handling charge, plus a 10% shipping surcharge for Canadian orders ($9.10), bringing your grand total to USD 102.10.

For about a week, the 10% off calculation for shipping has been disabled, which I have to fix. So far, the added shipping costs for the Canadian orders haven't been terrible on my end, so I may institute free shipping to Canada on a regular basis if I can twist UPS's arm a bit on price (since they just jabbed me on the oversize packages :rolleyes: ). This remains to be seen though.

Now, here's the down side. Since we use UPS Standard, UPS assesses brokerage fees, as well as collects for GST/PST. I have no way of knowing how much that will be in advance, but perhaps some of my Canadian past customers can add comment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
UPS has extra charges for handling a US shipment to Canada:

http://www.ups.com/canada/using/software/currentrates/engcustoms_rates.html

If you have a purchase of $200.

UPS will assess: 26.50 for brokerage, plus 2.5% disbursement fee ( min 5.75), plus 4.35 for cod fee.

Then they will collect gst +pst on everything.

In comparison, Canada Post will only charge $5.00 for clearance plus gst+ pst.

An alternative is to use a US drop-off service which will reship via the US postal service for a small fee.

You would get free shipping to the drop-off point and than regular shipping to Canada. An exemple is toship.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts