Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fake light in the rear bumper cracked on my 2014 MDX Tech so I need to replace the red plastic light cover. Chrome piece that goes around it is fine so I think I just need the red plastic cover.

Where can I buy that and do I need to remove the whole bumper to replace that? It's the one on the passenger side.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
My fake light in the rear bumper cracked on my 2014 MDX Tech so I need to replace the red plastic light cover. Chrome piece that goes around it is fine so I think I just need the red plastic cover.

Where can I buy that and do I need to remove the whole bumper to replace that? It's the one on the passenger side.

Thank you.
Unless you ran into something,it should be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

Thank you.
Oemacuraparts.com to lookup the part number and then check ebay or similar for prices. Then PM Tim here to see if he can meet or beat price.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-parts/2014/acura/mdx/tech-trim/6-speed-automatic-engine/interior-bumper-cat/rear-bumper-scat

You can just replace the reflector, though it may come integrated with the chrome surround. Crawl underneath and you'll see the attachment is really almost just a clip in.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you ran into something,it should be replaced under warranty.
Unfortunately I think this one is my fault. I tow my 2013 Yamaha 212x with my MDX and while backing out I turned too sharply and handle from trailer hit that plastic piece. I heard something crack while backing up and went to check and didn't see anything but few days later I saw that piece busted.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oemacuraparts.com to lookup the part number and then check ebay or similar for prices. Then PM Tim here to see if he can meet or beat price.

OEM Acura MDX 2014 REAR BUMPER parts

You can just replace the reflector, though it may come integrated with the chrome surround. Crawl underneath and you'll see the attachment is really almost just a clip in.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Thank you Neoshi. Very helpful.

I did email Tim (his dealer) but since it was weekend I probably won't hear from him until some time during the week. I'll see what he says and get that part ordered and replace it myself.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts