Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the only complaints I have is that the space between the console and the seats is so tight that if you drop something in between them its there for good....I can figure out a trick..but french fries and pens are having a good time! Any suggestions?:32:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
yup...dropped my first french fry the other night on the way home with take out. It was one of those spicy curly fries too. Could have been a real disaster, if a fried clam dropped down there, could pose a liitle odor problem in a day or two!
Tommorrow I will see if I can work it out with a chopstick or a paint stick.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I usually use toilet paper followed by those new moist towlettes....wait a second you mean in the MDX:eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive used a ruler before to get some stuff out... still impossible to clean...

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Warzau said:
I usually use toilet paper followed by those new moist towlettes....wait a second you mean in the MDX:eek:
LOL :2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sqeeze??

one of those cigarettes looked really good down there!! I finally got it out but it took a office file and a little jiggle...i bet that thing is 8 months old! but it beats going to the store! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Hehe I'm glad someone liked my witty comment. Anywho what I do is move the seat all the way foward, then using my shoe horn, those long ones, I push the stuff thats stuck, if it;s cose to the rear of the car, I use the back scratchin portion of the show horn to pull it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some of vacuum cleaners (either canister or upright) have one of those attachments with a long, narrow 'snout' on them that easily fits between the console and the front seats. Works for me every time, although not too forgiving when vacuuming up loose change there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use a paint stick to get all the stuff out, keep one in my glove box at all times.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Would you like a Coke with that?

It took over 7000 miles to drop the first thing between the seat. Since I didn't have any appropriate tool to retrieve the french fry, it's still in there. Do you think it will still be crunchy tonight?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: Would you like a Coke with that?

jonnygoodboy said:
It took over 7000 miles to drop the first thing between the seat. Since I didn't have any appropriate tool to retrieve the french fry, it's still in there. Do you think it will still be crunchy tonight?
Sure not!

But if you keep all the "droppings", after lets say, 5 years you pretty much have a historical data of what have you been doing with your MDX. Sort of like fossil remains of what you do. So go ahead let it pile up.:)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Vacuum

One of the biggest challenge with getting particles and objects that fall between the driver and front passenger seats is to figure out a way to get them out easily...

Things that fall between those crevices are, food particles like chips, crackers, hair, dust particles, pens. pencils...Where is what I do to get them out.

I take the paper tubes from the paper rolls that I purchase from the groceries store. Brand name like (Braun, etc etc) take masking tape and tape two together. End to end. then take one end and mask tape it to a vacuum cleaner with a tube/nozzle. Then on the other end take a scissor and cut it angle wise at 30 degrees...then Either from the top between the arm rest in the and the seats I squeeze the paper tub...push it all the way down and vacuum or from the rear passenger seat...I laid the tube horizontally and stick it between the crevice and vacuum.... AM TELLING YA...THIS WORKS GREAT!!! it vacuums ALL dirt, debris, pens, pencils, coins...HAir...

:18: :29:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmmm.... for the small things, has anyone tried Silly Putty. If you roll it up and place it in-between the seat, it ought to mold to the floor. Next you just pull it up, instant vacuum. Just a theory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gap Between the seats solution

I went out and bought some two inch foam insulation that you
use to keep pipes from freezing in the winter. The foam insulation
is dark dark grey and is very pliable and easy to insert between the seats and will not cause any problems with the movement of the seats yet it keeps junk from accumulating between the seat and floor. Cost was about $2.53 :25:

·
Registered
617 Posts
That's a good idea. Never thought about that. I always lose sweat taking out nickels and dimes on that spot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
stuck

LOST SOME CHANGE DOWN THERE ONCE... PAINT STIRRER IS GREAT SOLUTION.

FRENCH FRIES IN MY MDX.. I DONT THINK SO...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I got a bag of styrofoam peanuts and dumped them in the crack between the seat and the console. I then got a couple tubes of silicon based caulking compound and filled in the remainder of the space.

Viola! Nothing gets down there now! This silicon flexes, but this does restrict the seat motion somewhat.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ghost said:
I got a bag of styrofoam peanuts and dumped them in the crack between the seat and the console. I then got a couple tubes of silicon based caulking compound and filled in the remainder of the space.

Viola! Nothing gets down there now! This silicon flexes, but this does restrict the seat motion somewhat.
:21:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts