Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume it's for a timing belt and oil change service. I had the timing belt replaced by Acura so it looks like they didn't reset it then.
My oil is at 20% so I will have to get it changed soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The B14 is:
B: Replace Engine Oil and Filter. Inspect various systems and components
1: Rotate Tires and check tire pressure and condition
4: Replace spark plugs, replace timing belt (if equipped), inspect water pump, and inspect value clearance

If you try and reset the M.I.D. now at 20%, you will just reset the oil indicator from 20% to 100%. I don't think you can reset the 1-6 numbered service indicators until one or more show at 15% on the M.I.D. The Acura tech can reset individual codes at any time. You could wait until your reach 15% on the M.I.D. for the next oil change and tell the Acura tech to reset the "4" code if everything has been done already. This is assuming the "4" code doesn't show up when you get to 15%.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.

B: Replace Engine Oil and Filter. Inspect various systems and components

Will get this done as the oil life gets to 15%

1: Rotate Tires and check tire pressure and condition

Already done

4: Replace spark plugs, replace timing belt (if equipped), inspect water pump, and inspect value clearance

I just replaced the spark plugs and three coils two weeks ago. Hesitation was elliminted as a result. Timing belt was replaced back in Feb 2016.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I usually do the tire stuff (lifetime Discount Tire balance/rotations and Firestone lifetime alignments) and cabin/air filters myself. The only other extra services I do with Acura is the 6AT/transfer case fluid change about every 30,000 miles, brake fluid every 3yr/30k, and power steering every 100k on all three Acura,. So Far, zero AT/Brake/PS issues with almost 340,000 miles between all three cars. I just let the Acura service manager know of any early/extra service when I go in for an oil change and the tech resets the 1-6 codes (even if they don't show up on the M.I.D.). Takes longer; but, it is just soooo much cheaper doing as much as I can myself compared to letting Acura do it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts