Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door panel on my 05? i need to replace a door handle because it no longer goes back in after you pull it out to open. I greased it up and i think its no longer good. Id figure id ask because I don't want to break it.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The 1st gen MDX and the 2G TL uses almost the same door panel..

1.- In the handle bar (Inside) there is a small cover for 1 screw, use a flat screwdriver to pop the cover off and remove the screw.
2.- Below the arm rest switches there is a hole to insert a screwdriver that is the 2nd screw.
3.- Now carefully pop the lower side of the panel off using a flat screwdriver and a cloth, go from low to the sides to pop off all the clips
4.- This is the tricky part, the panel needs to be removed by pulling it UP from the window edge so grab the panel and push it UP (To the sky).
5.- The door handle latch needs to be removed you use a flat screwdriver to pop off the retainer tab and turn it so the latch can be pushed out of the little hole in the retainer tab.
6.- Now the panel can be separated from the door but there are a some cables that need to be unplugged:
a) Speaker
b) DPMS + Door locks (Memory Seats)
c) Window Switches
d) Alarm set light
e) Courtesy light

It looks harder than it actually is.. Once you perform it once the next times are way easier.
But you can replace the door handle without removing the door panel.
Do step #1 as before but now use a flat screwdriver to pop off the door handle trim out of the door panel then you can do step #5 and pull the entire piece out of the door panel without removing the door panel :D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You didn't mention which door it is (they're very different front to back, and even left to right up front) but you can probably find plenty of youtube videos that show replacing speakers or window regulators, which will show how easy it is to pull one of the panels. It's easy to miss one of the hidden screws, so if it's not coming loose, look closely where it's still "pivoting" and that should guide you to the screw / connector.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Driver´s door is the most challenging because you have to disconnect more electrical stuff but physically all 4 doors are the same procedure to remove the panel (Door Handle screw and Low Arm Rest screw).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts