Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's not true on my 2020 Acura MDX, I always just hit the start/off button and everything shuts off. If you just hit that button without stepping on the brake you can work the accessory without the engine running.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
What? Any other push button car I've driven in the past 5 years or so operates exactly the same: if you keep your foot on the brake and push the button to shut off the engine, everything is shut off. If you don't keep your foot on the brake and just push the button - the engine shuts off, but accessory power is running, so does the infotainment system.

What are you talking about?
That’s is not how the Acura works. Hit the start button, the car and radio turn off. Wether you step on the brake or not.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I most certainly did dumb ass but, I purchased $50,000 car. I assumed I could listen to the radio and not have the engine running. This is Honda nickel and diming me again, one thing I can assure you is, it will not happen again.
Why would you want to do this anyway?? Auto companies do this by design so the audio system won't drain the battery.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Why would you want to do this anyway?? Auto companies do this by design so the audio system won't drain the battery.
To hear the end of a song or a bit more of a ball game. After turning the engine off my S550, and even my 2000 Chevy pickup, keeps audio on a set time or until the door is opened.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just keep the engine running if you're going to sit in the car a few extra minutes. No hoops to jump through and the AC stays on.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts