Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. How are you doing with all the riots and horrible things that are happening in US? It's spilled to Canada as well as people have started trashing Montreal as well. I know a lot of people are really concerned.

I hope you are all safe and sound.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's still pretty quiet out here in Laughlin, NV. People are more concerned with getting businesses back open and people back to work. Over on the Arizona side of the Colorado River someone fired something (possibly a bullet, nothing confirmed by police) through the window of the local Republican headquarters the night before last but there haven't been any other signs of unrest here.

75 miles away in Las Vegas it's much worse. Here's hoping the advertising slogan "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" is true.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you don't live, work or visit a metro area you don't even know anything is going on except for the non-stop news coverage. It's election year with the liberal party desperately behind the 8 ball against a President they thoroughly hate and now it is one disaster after another. The things that make you go hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got it, thanks, guys! I'm glad you are safe. There are definitely a lot of conflicting reports which are mostly very one sided. I'm an outsider, of course, and I can only try and make sense out of everything that's being reported, so it's great to hear from first hands without any oversensationalizing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got it, thanks, guys! I'm glad you are safe. There are definitely a lot of conflicting overcharges which are mostly very one sided. I'm an outsider, of course, and I can only try and make sense out of everything that's being reported, so it's great to hear from first hands without any oversensationalizing.
You're right about the sensationalism. There have been many peaceful protests that remained peaceful as well as many where things deteriorated when instigators started the looting or violence. While there was violence elsewhere in Oakland, CA there was a protest that was actually a car caravan to keep people socially distanced because of the coronavirus. Peaceful protests in California have occurred in rural towns like Eureka, population 27,000. Those just aren't getting nearly the press coverage they should. Large number of peaceful protesters are leaving to find safety when the violence starts. They don't want anything to do with it but unfortunately the press is making it look like they're ALL rioting and looting.

Pkrface is correct that the main bulk of it is happening in metro areas. That's where the bulk of the "wronged" people of our society live and the largest crowds can gather. It's easier for those bent on creating chaos to get away with their actions in those crowds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Much closer to home peaceful protests have been happening. A small group is assembling daily across the river in Bullhead City, AZ. In Kingman, AZ the protesters themselves shut down an instigator who climbed a street sign and tried to damage it. Stressing that was not what they were there for, they got him down and turned him in.

I wish the press would cover more of those protests instead of acting like things are all bad and the world is coming to an end. More positive change might result from such coverage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts