Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had many many rants (probably well deserved) about dealerships with poor service and lousy attitudes. I thought in fairness we should also report dealerships that treat you right and do it right. So check out this story:
A month or so ago, while in for routine service, I was standing around chatting with the two nice ladies that handle customer service for the service department. There was another fellow that I took to be a new salesman. Wanting him to appreciate the importance of a good service department for getting and keeping loyal customers, I mentioned what a fine job they did. He then started asking me specific questions about service, how I liked my X, even about acuramdx.org. Turned out he was a regional Acura representative who tracks dealer performance. He thanked me for my information, shared with me some stats about my dealership's service dept. (94% satisfaction, top 10% nationally). Then he walked over to RoadRunner, looked her over and called the service manager. He said my roof trim strips (those little black strips that run under the cargo carrier) were weathered and should be replaced under warranty. To be honest, I had never noticed any problem with this trim, in fact I was hardly aware that it even existed .... but I'm not turning down any freebies either.
So yesterday I brought RoadRunner in for her free "repair". This being a busy week (I'm moving to Mt. Pleasant), I booked 8:00 AM to miss as little work as possible. They said the work would take 1-2 hours and I figured I'd hang around ... maybe talk my favorite salesman into test-driving a new X. To my amazement, they handed me the key to a 2003 TL (glove soft leather seats - but no Nav). I wasn't expecting a loaner for a 2 hour FREE repair, especially not something that luxurious. I was sorry I was only going to work ...... would have been fun to do a short ROADTRIP :D Since I had transportation, I also went ahead and got some door dings removed ($100 - first panel $50 each additional panel). I Came back at lunch and picked up RoadRunner. The new roof strips indeed looked nice - as did the whole car because they had also done a complimentary hand car wash. Also the door dings had magically disappeared like they had never existed. :2:
Needless to say, I am one happy camper. I feel the McDaniel's Acura of Charleston is one heck of a fine dealership :D and I just wish that more Acura dealers would do as good a job. Then we would have a lot less griping and groaning in this forum.
Meep Meep

·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back At You

To A2MDXer : I DO!
To DaleB: I WILL
Meep Meep
(See I can be brief) :20:

·
Registered
728 Posts
McDaniels Acura

Maybe Acura should get the G. Mgr at this dealership to teach class at Acura's next national meeting (if they have them).

At least some of the poorer preforming dealers could see how the good ones operate. :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmm...how long will a road trip to Charleston take from Sacramento, anyways.... :D
Rob:31:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Did you strongly suggest to the Acura Regional Mgr that he should read all the dealer reviews on this site? Then he would get some real feedback instead of the 5 reviews that some dealers bribe out of their customers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Ms. Mdx said:
Did you strongly suggest to the Acura Regional Mgr that he should read all the dealer reviews on this site? Then he would get some real feedback instead of the 5 reviews that some dealers bribe out of their customers. :rolleyes:
I'm aquainted with one regional manager/rep who browses this site. I don't think he'll post though...

·
Registered
116 Posts
mdxxxx said:

I'm aquainted with one regional manager/rep who browses this site. I don't think he'll post though...
I know that over BMWX5's forum, there is someone from BMW NA (BMW North America) Customer Relations browsing and offering assistance. It would be nice if Acura could do the same. :D:

This is one of the replied I copied from there:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Message Title: Re: Avoid Rallye BMW in Roslyn, NY
Posted by: BMW NA Customer Relations on 2002-08-30 at 15:27:17
(posted from: Host: system150.bmwna.com IP: 63.95.170.150)

I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your Center. If you need our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117
---------------------------------------------------------------------

torchny

·
Registered
728 Posts
Rallye Dealerships

Hey torchny,

There is a thread about a Rallye Acura at:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7305

Could this possibly be the same ownership group as the Rallye BMW? I'm not that familiar with NY geography. If it is, it looks like at least they are consistent in their bad treatment of their customers. If I were a dealership, I'd be checking these boards for my reputation.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Rallye Dealerships

marktr6 said:
Hey torchny,

There is a thread about a Rallye Acura at:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7305

Could this possibly be the same ownership group as the Rallye BMW? I'm not that familiar with NY geography. If it is, it looks like at least they are consistent in their bad treatment of their customers. If I were a dealership, I'd be checking these boards for my reputation.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Yes, I believe they are. They sell BMW, Mercedes, and Acura. We placed our 2003 X5 order with them also but our salesperson was ok and promised us an unbelievable "Guaranteed $1,500 off of 2002 MSRP for 2003 model". However, we did not have the patience to wait so we got MDX instead. Am I gald we did. :D

torchny

·
Registered
46 Posts
i dont want to be a jerk or anything, but as a moderator shouldn't you have placed this thread in another forum. when i posted one of my first posts which was similar to this one, it got moved and since had no replies.

·
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Judgement Call

Good Question. I read your posting and I see your point. My intent, and possibly yours, was not to rate or promote a specific dealer but to discuss dealerships in general and how they should treat customers of a upmarket vehicle. In my mind that is suitable material for the general forum. But as a forum moderator I can say that it is often a tough judgement call on such issues as there are many grey areas between forums.
For example: I moderate the "Gallery" forum and yet I regularly see pictures posted in the "General" forum which I personally feel should be posted in "Gallery".
I would agree with you that our two postings are fairly similar and quite possibly should have ended up in the same forum ...... which forum is something I leave to the moderators ... like umpires, you gotta let them "call 'em as they see 'em" Also note that we moderators do have other demands on our time, like day jobs. For example, I am busy moving and must admit that I have not even logged on more than once or twice a week, let alone given my forum anything like the attention it deserves. I will give it more attention when it is possible.
I can also tell you that it is impossible to please everyone. I recent was contacted by a member who was offended by what he took as an ethnic slur - undoutably unintentional but possibly a little insensitive. At his request I willingly deleted the comment in question since one of the great things about this group is the high-level of discourse and the lack of personal insults and flamings. However, when the same member then did a search of all old postings to seek out any similar comments not matter how long forgotten - this I felt was digging up trouble unnecesarily and would tend to draw attention to the very messages that he found offensive when they otherwise were pretty much dead and buried.
Am I SURE I did the right thing in both cases, no I am not SURE but I am sure that I acted in good faith using my best judgement after giving the matter my serious consideration. Thats all we can possible ask of any moderator.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks for your reply. i really didnt think it was such a big deal anyway. its just that i am relatively new, and when my post got moved, it essentially ended. not that it was that interesting of a post anyway...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts