Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel did what I asked so now we have a place to congregate. What folks in Illinois, Wisconsin and the Minnesota Tundra area would be interested in getting together sometime. With the exception of ghost and lmeans, most of us live around Chicago or Milwaukee so that is pretty close proximity. The folks from Wisconsin seem more interested than the people in the Chicago suburbs in getting together. So does this mean Cheeseheads are more friendly than FIBs (I take the 5th on what this acronym stands for!:eek: )?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Remery:

Sorry -- I have been out of town. I would be interested. I am in the Libertyvile/gurnee area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IM A NEW MEMBER AND LIVE IN WHEATON. I SHOULD BE GETTING MINE NO LATER THAN JULY 5TH DUE TO MY RECENT CALL OF AN ADDITIONAL MONTH DELAY. SAY WE GET TOGETHER AND TEE IT UP OVER BY REMERY AT DUBS DREAD! KEEP ME UPDATED -LARRY

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes... let's meet

I live in Bolingbrook and would love to be in on a get together. Golf is fine!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st Annual Midwest MDX Open

Lance, Larry and Clokspeed,
Larry should be getting his MDX by now or very shortly. Larry suggested Dubsdread which is ok if the rest of you of can routinely break 100 for 18 holes. If not, I would suggest an easier course. I play at Mistwood in Romeoville every week but that is also a tough course. PM or e-mail me your handicap or average score for 18 so I can better determine what course we should play that everyone can enjoy. I'm a 13.3 index.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hey midwesterners - I completely missed this thread the first time 'round - it was posted during my "Bars-of-Helsinki" tour. Chicago's a bit far for a round of golf, but I occassionally get down into the area - I have an aunt that lives right down on Chestnut and Oak in Chi-town, what a fun place to visit... So now that there's a quorum, I'll drop a note next time I head out of the north latitudes, if nothing else, I'll meet up with you at the 19th hole...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well guys I have a vin # and it's a matter of days!!! As far as golf I have a handicap of a 6 for my league which is for 9 holes and average a 88-90 for 18. Never played Mistwood but love to play new courses. I have a great course by me called Cantigny which is in Wheaton but it's also a dificult course for the average player. It might be hard to get on dubs because the Western is next week and the course is probaly closed untill then. So name the course and pick a date and lets get a reservation. Another course that's a hidden gem is Whisper Creek in Del web (Hunltey). It's a fairly open course and is very easy to get a early weekend tee time last minute!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm from California, so you'll pardon me for barging in, but I hope you meant "role" call, rather than "roll" call.

Gotta be careful about that. The MDX ain't no Montero...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jrnewquist said:
I'm from California, so you'll pardon me for barging in, but I hope you meant "role" call, rather than "roll" call.

Gotta be careful about that. The MDX ain't no Montero...
jr,
If it were a "role call" I would be asking who wants to drive the beer cart. However, since I was interested in rounding up golfers it truly is a "roll call." And by the way a golf cart ain't no Montero either!:D:D

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey remery--

Does this mean you don't want me there? I may not play golf, but I sure can drive one of those golf carts ;)!!!

Or I can go play miniture golf while you BIG GUYS play golf and go have a beer (or long island ice tea would be better for me)afterwards.

Lmeans

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ghost said:
I'll bring a cribbage board, give us something to do while those duffers are out on the links. :)
\

Ghost and Lmeans,
You guys can go bowling since I seem to remember that Ghost claimed to be a member of the NBA which we all know really stands for Nebraska Bowling Association.:D:D Definitely adult beverages and perhaps din din after our round so non-golfers are welcome.

Of course if you two want some exercise you can caddy for us. If you don't step in anyone's line you might also get a good tip!;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello MiDwest Xers,

I'd definitely be interested in getting together. Chicagoland is fine. I'll keep watching this thread for details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WELL I JUST PICKED MINE UP YESTERDAY AND ALL WAS WELL TILL TODAY! I BROUGHT IT IN TO GET THE PROTECTOR "A" PACKAGE (UNDERCOATING, INTERIOR PROCTECTION, AND PAINT PROTECTION. I DROPPED IT OFF AND PICKED IT UP AFTER WORK FROM SS AUTO AND THEY PUT A NICE CHIP IN MY REAR BUMBER. THE MANAGER STARTED BY CLAIMING IT WAS ALREADY THERE IN SO MANY WORDS. REGARDLESS I TOLD HIM IT WAS NOT EVEN 24 HOURS SINCE I HAD THE VEHICLE IN POSSESION AND I KNOW IT WAS NOT THERE WHEN I PICKED IT UP FROM MY DEALER. BUT MY DEALER IS GOING TO FIX IT (NO CHARGE) AND THE OWNER SAID THEY HAVE HAD OTHER PROBLEMS SS IN THE PAST.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am interested in joining. I am going to get a 2002 MDX, just have to wait for them. I'm told January. I can't wait! Anway, I am in Vernon Hills which is north of Chicago. I'll keep checking back in the forums. I just wanted to let you know I am interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hi Revchld, welcome aboard! The forums are a great place to learn more than you ever wanted to know about the MDX - good luck getting yours!

·
Registered
65 Posts
A long way to go!

I just placed an order two weeks ago for my black/black 2002 MDX...I've managed to put off all other responsibilities as I search for accesssories & aftermarket stereo systems...I'm looking forward to joining the ranks of other MDX owners!

Mike
Green Bay, WI

1 - 20 of 88 Posts