Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the front side of the central console is becoming very hot after 30min?

I have owned my MDX about 4 months now. Since the first week, I have noticed the front side of the central console is becoming hot, hotter and very hot after I drive the X more than 10 min at 45 mph or higher? Is that due to a short circus in the power oulet inside the console? Maybe I should let a ACURA dealer check it? Any comment?:confused: :(

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
JerrysMDX said:
Has anyone noticed that the front side of the central console is becoming very hot after 30min?

I have owned my MDX about 4 months now. Since the first week, I have noticed the front side of the central console is becoming hot, hotter and very hot after I drive the X more than 10 min at 45 mph or higher? Is that due to a short circus in the power oulet inside the console? Maybe I should let a ACURA dealer check it? Any comment?:confused: :(
Jerry,

I will suggest you to bring your X to dealer and have them check it out. I haven't notice anything like this, but I only have my X for about a month.

- JTM

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Is there any chance that you have your heater on and perhaps an air-"hose" is loose, thus blowing hot air onto the console?

I've not had the problem, but whatever it is, I wouldn't expect it to be an electrical short -- if it were that bad a short, it would take out a fuse.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Jerry,

Same issue here--I assume you mean in the evening when your lights are on and the buttons are lit, right? I just assumed this was temp from the lights that light the buttons...but it is awfully warm to the touch.

Let me know if you bring it up to the dealer--and I'll do the same next time I'm in.

Rob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No hot air in, no light on (regardless evening or daytime).
It happens the front part of the CD container (in the central console) just hehind the cup holders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
JerrysMDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing