Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
^^^Thanks! The 2016 (Fathom Blue Pearl with Technology and Entertainment packages) I hope to see it later this week. Assuming everything checks out, I say bye bye to the 2008 and bring this one home, I do want to try out the nav for the next couple of weeks. We have a weekend road trip near that same time, so it'll be nice to see how functional it really is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What are you paying for it? Reno Acura has several 2018 tech package certified preowned at a decent price.
I thought of the 2017's and 2018's, but I don't see any that have dropped in price enough (a couple of thousand at most), let alone close enough to me (I'm in the St. Louis area). Also, this MDX is going to my wife, and she isn't a fan of the pentagon-shaped grill. For me, I wanted the 9-speed and Tech package or better. So, the 2016's it is. :) We had our eye on a black one with the Tech package, but it sold on us before we had the chance. The blue one we're looking at (I heard this color was rare, correct?), has both Tech and Entertainment packages, came off a lease (one owner, no accidents/issues), and is at $30,xxx with 35k miles.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
They shouldn’t be preowned then. Preowned usually means previously titled.
A reputable dealer, in my opinion, would market the vehicles either as preowned and then explain the courtesy-car use case to the customer when they test drive the vehicle, or would advertise them as courtesy/dealer cars.

It would be misleading and unethical to market the vehicles as "new" without disclosing the nature of their previous usage.

Also, you get into semantics when you start arguing over how it was titled at the DMV... The fact is most consumers would NOT view one of these courtesy vehicles to be equivalent to a "new" vehicle -- and this is evidenced by the fact that dealers tend to discount them down to used-car-price to sell them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
^^^I think I'd rather purchase a previously leased car than one that was previously a courtesy/dealer vehicle. I've ridden (when used as a customer shuttle) and used the latter myself (as a "rental" while my car is being repaired) to see how they typically treated their cars in that role. They're often treated like rental cars, which makes me weary to buy one.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The blue one we're looking at (I heard this color was rare, correct?)
The blue is much less common that the sea of grayish, black, and white ones. It can be difficult to find a blue one on the lot. When I bought my 2014 I only wanted a blue one and bought the only one at around 5 dealerships in my general area but this is when the 3rd gen was fairly new. I still don't see that many blue ones in comparison to grayish (I include silver as a gray), black, white.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The blue is much less common that the sea of grayish, black, and white ones. It can be difficult to find a blue one on the lot. When I bought my 2014 I only wanted a blue one and bought the only one at around 5 dealerships in my general area but this is when the 3rd gen was fairly new. I still don't see that many blue ones in comparison to grayish (I include silver as a gray), black, white.
Around here, all I see are black, white, and gray/silver in all the generations. I've yet to see a blue one in the wild, so ours will certainly stand out. :)

Side note, I was considering holding out when the 2019 A-Specs came in, but as mentioned earlier, my wife isn't too keen on the pentagon grill, and would question my decision making by getting the A-Spec (it'll be her car after all). So, she gets her SUV, while I butter her up for me to get myself a Kia Stinger GT in the next year. :D

81 - 90 of 90 Posts