Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 MDX that needs a brake light switch replaced but when I try to reconnect the battery to start up, the horn/alarm goes off. Where is the horn fuse or horn relay switch located? I have the owner's manual but it shows NOTHING on any of the four fuse boxes within ( Primary, Secondary, Interior Driver, Interior Passenger).
I've already thought about and tried starting with the Master key to override the alarm but it doesn't help.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I would like to drive the vehicle ( since it starts) to the repair shop but it sounds like I stole it along the way!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The fuse you're looking for is #47, a 20 amp fuse in the under-hood fusebox. There should be a horn relay in there too (think it's labeled but don't recall for sure).

I've read that you can "reset" the alarm by closing all the doors and hood and locking / unlocking the driver's door with the key (not fob), maybe once, maybe 3x.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply. I had called AAA to tow it to the repair shop and the tow-truck driver asked me what was wrong. I told him and he said to connect the battery and proceeded to put the key into the driver's door, both locking/ unlocking it, as you mentioned, to reset the alarm. It worked. He pointed out the "security" label right above the driver door lock as the focal point for the alarm.
I ended up driving to the repair shop ( 2 miles away) and they took care of the problem!
All ended well on the eastern front today....Many Thanks for your input and correct assessment.
Best regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts