Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2010 MDX. The prior owner had Acura dealership install hitch and 7 pin harness. Unfortunately, there is no brake controller. I purchased a Tekonsha P3. I also have on order the 3070-P sub-harness. I spent a lot of time reading about where to locate the connector under the dash. Most of the information I found was on the Ridgeline. It had me looking way up about the emergency brake. I think, but could be wrong that the connector on the MDX is a lot easier to access. Is the connector in the attached picture indeed the right connector, or do I need to keep looking? Above my brake pedal and below the steering column there is a piece of plastic that closes in the base of the dash that has a light to illuminated the footwell. Just above that plastic (on the left side) is where I found this connector. Have I located the correct connector? I guess I could wait until the harness arrives and see if it connects, but I thought I would ask. Plus, it might help out the next person.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tested the controller today. It works. Thus, if anyone else is headed down the same path, The Tekonsha P3, with 3070-P sub-harness will plug right in and work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have power from the connecter to the 3070-P harness. I haven't installed my Draw-Tite receiver or the Acura trailer hitch harness yet. Will the trailer hitch harness need to be installed before I see 12V to the brake contoller harness?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts