Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have minor Hood damage on the 'X that is not noticable when the form fit deflector is on. It is on a section where it cannot be repaired without painting. My option is to leave it alone or get a new hood and getting it repainted. This will also require the front fenders to be repainted to blend in the hood. FYI, this is all covered by the insurance since this is part of my DEER hitting incident. So question is, do I get it repaired/painted the above parts or leave it alone since the damaged section is covered when the Form Fit deflector is on. C'mon guys I need everyones opinion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaleB said:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Can't even capture it on film or image.... That's how UNNOTICABLE the damage is, but it is there on certain angle and sunlight. The body shop can't even just FILL it, sand and paint. the damage is 2 shallow indentation that is about 3 inch in diameter on each side of the hood crease (center).

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Sounds like it bothers you because you know it's there, even if most people would never see it.
But if it's covered by ins. I might be tempted to fix it, but why risk an otherwise perfect factory finish, right?
You might get one of those ding fixers to look at it. Maybe it's something they can "smooth" out.
Otherwise, put the deflector back on and enjoy your MDX!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaleB said:
Sounds like it bothers you because you know it's there, even if most people would never see it.
But if it's covered by ins. I might be tempted to fix it, but why risk an otherwise perfect factory finish, right?
You might get one of those ding fixers to look at it. Maybe it's something they can "smooth" out.
Otherwise, put the deflector back on and enjoy your MDX!
Ding fixers looked at the damage. Sine it is in a location (support brackets under the hood) that is NOT accesible it can't be fixed by him.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Personally if it was me. If the paint's isnt cracking and no rust is showing and it isnt noticible leave it alone.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
An excellent song writer once said "Let it Be"

Don't repaint, it will bother you even more.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, I agree--if there's no potential for the damage that is there to cause further damage (rust), i'd leave it alone. One thing to consider--has crash safety been compromised at all?

Let us know what you decide, amigo...

Rob :31:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Insurance considerations

If you have already filed an insurance claim then the "damage" (insurance claim wise) has been done regarding your claims record. Therefore I would have the damage fixed as part of that one/single claim.

If there is no insurance claim then I would leave it alone since you can not see it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts