Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our brand new MDX has 400 miles on it. All in all, it's been great. It's taken some getting used to to adjust to the dual screen user interface, but now that I understand it, it's quite intuitive. I still am annoyed that when the car is moving, I'm locked out of so many features, but that is consistent with other Japanese luxury brands as I recently drove my mother's 2016 Lexus RX F-Sport and my dad's late model Infiniti M37.

Otherwise, the car has been great, it's very smooth and I'm most impressed by the quietness and great overall dynamics on the highway and twisty roads considering the size of the vehicle.

That said, upon delivery of the car with 8 miles, I heard a huge rattle in my roof liner. I took it back to the selling dealer, and a tech was able to fix it by clipping the roof liner into place. Before there was several inches of roof liner play. I'm not 100% sure every clip is in place, but it's vault quiet now. The tech admitted to just snapping them in by hand without taking the roof apart.

Today while driving, I noticed the hood and fender meetup area on the driver's side has a noticable gap, this gap isn't present on the passenger's side. It's as if the hood is not aligned. Honestly, I haven't even opened/closed the hood yet (not even before delivery), I suppose I should do that, but was curious if anyone else has seen a similar gap on one side. It's not horrible, but from the driver's seat behind the wheel, the gap kind of stares at you :eek:

Pictures below:
Even side:

Uneven side:

I'm sure most will blame this on Alabama, but regrettably, I've had similar little build quality issues with stuff rolling off of Japanese and German plants as well. Building cars is pretty much down to cheap and fast, but anyways, anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 and it looks identical on the drivers side. I am going to complain and hopefully they can fix this. it is unacceptable fir and finish for a 50k vehicle.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 and it looks identical on the drivers side. I am going to complain and hopefully they can fix this. it is unacceptable fir and finish for a 50k vehicle.
Report back please. I'm not too worried about it and won't make a dealer visit out of it, but when I go in for my first service, I'll bring it up.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts