Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2010 MDX, with about 50K mil on odometer, but I drive often but not far. Been experiencing some slippage/hesitation when accelerating on the freeway, even some jerky accelerations. I think it's the tranny that may needs maintenance...can anyone who lives in NYC (I live in Astoria, Queens) recommends a competent and honest mechanic or repair shop?

Thanks!

Hugh

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sounds as though it needs a trans fluid change . This is an easy DIY . Buy a case of Enoes Import ATF "Model H" ENEOS Import ATF | ENEOS or buy a case of Acura ATF- DW1 from your dealership. (Former is cheaper and they make it for Acura). You simply open the drain bolt for transmission drain into pan and then reinstall bolt and tighten. measure what you get out of pan and refill transmission with the same amount usually between 3-4 quarts depending on if you have a transmission cooler installed. Drive vehical for hour or a dayof driving back and forth to work and then do the same again, drain trans tighten bolt refill with same amount drained and drive for an hour or a day two to work and back and do perform it all again. Drain- fill -drive . If each time the drain is 3 quarts than perform it 4 times. If it is 4 quarts perform it 3 times. Nothing to it.

http://www.eneos.us/products/eneos-import-series/eneos-import-atf/model-h/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dont know anyone in NYC, however American Tire in Green Brook, NJ is where I have taken couple of my cars to. They have serviced my '10 Ridgeline for 160K miles. If I can trust them with my truck, I am sure you could as well. It is about an hour from NYC.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd first ask any family, friends or co-workers who live in the area if they regularly go to a mechanic they trust. If that doesn't really lead you anywhere, I'd also check the AAA website for any of their approved shops in your area, or search on Yelp or Google maps for shops with good ratings.

Sounds as though it needs a trans fluid change . This is an easy DIY
The urban environment of Astoria, Queens doesn't quite lend itself to be a good place for most DIY work, as driveways appear to be quite uncommon there, and most cars are street parked. Sure, it can always be done, but I don't think I'd be doing that type of work on my cars if I lived in that area.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ANS auto Care on 126th street by college point. Been taking my cars and familys cars there for years. As honest as they come

1 - 5 of 5 Posts