Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice some parts and chemicals/fluids appear to be identical except packaging is different and the Acura p/n has an "A" tacked on the end. For example, Honda Dual Pump fluid is 08200-9007 and Acura Dual Pump fluid is 08200-9007A. Are these two fluids exactly the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I notice some parts and chemicals/fluids appear to be identical except packaging is different and the Acura p/n has an "A" tacked on the end. For example, Honda Dual Pump fluid is 08200-9007 and Acura Dual Pump fluid is 08200-9007A. Are these two fluids exactly the same. Thanks.
You will hear different answers on this but in 99.9% of the time the only difference is the "A" for Acura. However, DPSF (Acura) for Dump Pump Fluid II (Honda) are not the same despite the same part number plus the A for Acura. I bought both and compared and they look similar but my personal opinion is they are not and any calls to Acura will not net you a firm response. Even dealers are confused on this matter.

In my case I took the Dual Pump Fluid II back to the Honda dealer and used the DPSF. Even if I was wrong, which I don't believe I am, it is not worth the risk or messing up your differential for a savings of less than $5.

Reactions: 2013silvrmdx

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will hear different answers on this but in 99.9% of the time the only difference is the "A" for Acura. However, DPSF (Acura) for Dump Pump Fluid II (Honda) are not the same despite the same part number plus the A for Acura. I bought both and compared and they look similar but my personal opinion is they are not and any calls to Acura will not net you a firm response. Even dealers are confused on this matter.

In my case I took the Dual Pump Fluid II back to the Honda dealer and used the DPSF. Even if I was wrong, which I don't believe I am, it is not worth the risk or messing up your differential for a savings of less than $5.
Thanks Ari. Sorry I did not see that you asked the same question a few weeks ago. So, you looked at both fluids and you could see a difference?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Ari. Sorry I did not see that you asked the same question a few weeks ago. So, you looked at both fluids and you could see a difference?
Very slight difference to me but it was there. The color is almost the same (I checked against two different bottles of DPSF) but they odor was perceptibly different. Suffice it to say it was not worth the chance that I was right to save $4.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I don't want to stir this up again but just maybe the 2 fluids are compatible with one another even though they look and smell different. I concluded that based on this aftermarket fluid working with both of them.

Just Google ENEOS Import DPS Fluid

·
Registered
22 Posts
My brother has a 2006 Honda Pilot and I have a 2006 MDX. Everything we have replaced or repaired on either car has been exactly the same as far as the engine, suspension and brakes.

I wouldn't pay extra for the "Acura" specific part.

The original owner of my car paid an insane amount of money for maintenance at the dealership with genuine Acura parts from 2006 to 2018 when I bought the car.

I'm glad he did instead of me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I accidentally used .7 quart 08200-9007 Honda fluid instead of 08200-9007A Acura fluid so called the Acura dealer that I bought multiple batches of the Acura fluid from and asked them. They said that the are identical and I asked how they were so sure. He said that they were accidentally sent the Honda fluid and they had to dig into this question. They were told that they are identical except for the labeling/bottle and are 100% sure. They will be using and sending/selling the Honda 08200-9007 until it is gone and continue to order the Acura fluid so that labeling says Acura. This is the most convincing argument that both fluids are the same. I am convinced!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts