Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a link but at page D2 of today's Wall St. Journal there is an article captioned "Honda Motors to Double Capacity at its Alabama Assembly Plant," which says they are going to open a second assembly line for MDX and/or Pilot and/or Odyssey. New capacity is to be 300,000 per year, but no indication of when.

·
Registered
392 Posts
wait4mdx said:
I don't have a link but at page D2 of today's Wall St. Journal there is an article captioned "Honda Motors to Double Capacity at its Alabama Assembly Plant," which says they are going to open a second assembly line for MDX and/or Pilot and/or Odyssey. New capacity is to be 300,000 per year, but no indication of when.
I believe the article said most of the 300,000 would be in Alabama, something like 250,000 of it. The rest was at two other Honda locations, including the Canada plant that makes the MDX and is also making the Pilots. Doesn't leave all that much of the increase for solely MDX production, but it should get boosted a bit by this at least. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I read in USA Today a few weeks ago (or maybe on Edmunds.com) that Honda is increasing MDX production to 13,000 units for 2003 (up from 10,000 units this year) and are going to produce 80,000 Pilots? Going to shift Ody production to Alabama and only produce MDX and Pilot in Canada.

Just my foggy recollection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts