Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this, thought I'd share. I wonder if the 2017 mdx is affected?

American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 39 model year 2015 Acura MDX 2WD and MDX 4WD vehicles, 2016 Acura MDX 4WD vehicles, 2015-2016 Honda Odyssey vehicles and 2016 Honda Pilot 2WD and 4WD vehicles.

The vehicles have fuel tanks that were manufactured with insufficient welds which may separate and allow fuel to leak out.

A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.

What to do:

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tanks, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 8, 2016.

Owners may contact Honda/Acura customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are KA9 (Honda vehicles) and KB0 (Acura vehicles).

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/honda-recalls-acura-mdx-honda-odyssey-and-honda-pilot-vehicles-070716.html

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
More details -
American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 39 model year 2015 Acura MDX 2WD and MDX 4WD vehicles, 2016 Acura MDX 4WD vehicles, 2015-2016 Honda Odyssey vehicles and 2016 Honda Pilot 2WD and 4WD vehicles.

·
Registered
391 Posts
not sure how this notice got out.

but i reached out to a friend who is a 2016 Pilot owner. And he has not received an email from Honda Corp. regarding this recall. maybe it's too soon, and that could be the reason why?

anyway, i forwarded this article to him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only 39 vehicles have been recalled. Between 3 models and 2 model years. Probability that someone's specific vehicle will be part of the recall is very low.

According to this article Honda recalls Pilot, Odyssey, Acura MDX to replace fuel tank | LeftLaneNews , apparently a few of the fuel tanks failed automated testing but they were manually inspected and approved. And those are the ones that are part of the recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts