Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the first photos of the new Honda Pilot. Looks to me like a large CR-X. I definately do not like that they used a column shifter.

It does look a little longer than the MDX in the last photo with all three rows of seats shown.

http://autoweek.com/specials/2002_detroit/

·
Registered
161 Posts
Honda is amazing. They can take a stylish vehicle like the MDX and make it a vanilla looking wagon/SUV/mini-van hybrid. If they were trying to prevent purchasers from crossing over from the MDX I think they succeeded. Don't get me wrong; the Pilot's not ugly - just derivative and staid looking. If someone said I could get a new Pilot and $10K for trading in my MDX I’d have to say no. I’m going over to odyclub.com to read their anti-Pilot rantings. They’re anti-MDX and anti-SUV so I can only imagine how they’ll react to the Pilot.

·
Registered
194 Posts
SADLY I AGREE!

MAAAAN! Something was lost in the transition from renditons to actual vehicle. I like the fact it looks like a beefed up CR-V from the outside but the inside looks kinda cheap. Even cheaper than the V. That isn't what I was hoping for ... maybe it looks better in person? With a different interior and exterior color? Different tires and rims? Different different different ... uggh I still want an MDX!

Check out the Ford Fusion, Honda had a rendition of a vehicle similar to that a few years back as a possible replacement to the CR-V .... I wonder ... Hmmm

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree with other members here. I really like what I am seeing here. It's a very practical vehcile with everything I am looking for. It has 2 rows of 60/40 seats, an optional entertainment system, good quality leather, and most practical options from the 'X.

I would love to have had the RES on my redrock. Looks are not everything, one should look at the practical aspect of owning the vehicle. I am quite sure that it will be priced right (like the rest of Honda/Acura automobiles) and will be a very sought out vehicle. Lets just hope that this will alleviate the wait times on the 'X.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I must admit I was little concerned that the Pilot would simply be a rebadged version of the MDX. But after seeing the Pilot I feel a whole lot better! not that its ugly I glad Honda was smart enough to give it its own look.

·
Registered
351 Posts
GCK said:
I have to respectfully disagree with other members here. I really like what I am seeing here. It's a very practical vehcile with everything I am looking for. It has 2 rows of 60/40 seats, an optional entertainment system, good quality leather, and most practical options from the 'X.

I have to agree w/ GCK...I really like what I see too-- so much so that I've already alerted a friend who may be in the market for an SUV just in time for this. BTW, I'm confused. Is it expected to be released in summer '02 or summer '03?

·
Registered
156 Posts
More pictures here...

www.vtec.net/news/
Click on: 2003 Honda Pilot Prototype Photos (date: 01/06)

From the PICs:
I guess the Pilot can seat 8 people since the 3rd row seats 3 instead of 2.
Looking at the instrument cluster, it seems like it's only a 4 speed automatic (rather than 5). The layout of the indicator for PRND... seem unique too.
*And I kinda like that interior metallic trim over the wood...

·
Registered
110 Posts
this thing isn't bad at all

http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/events/*ws4d-db-query-Show.ws4d?*ws4d-db-query-Show***001880***-wieck_media***-***events(directory)***.ws4d?events/results(r)_text.html

8 passenger
DVD player
a place to hold your fast food sauces
a PDA holder
3.5 VTEC, w/a 5speed, and the same VTM-4 system
looks a bit dowdy, but hey, I am sure the price will be right.
I think its a winner!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Re: this thing isn't bad at all

cr said:
http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/events/*ws4d-db-query-Show.ws4d?*ws4d-db-query-Show***001880***-wieck_media***-***events(directory)***.ws4d?events/results(r)_text.html

8 passenger
DVD player
a place to hold your fast food sauces
a PDA holder
3.5 VTEC, w/a 5speed, and the same VTM-4 system
looks a bit dowdy, but hey, I am sure the price will be right.
I think its a winner!
HAHAH honestly..I think its a BETTER SUV than the MDX!!! DAMN THOSE Honda people..They sure know how to screw with us...Then again..honestly I think the MDX is better looking.

Eagerly waiting for the PILOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts