Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: C&J Thanks for the info...

JNanas said:
had a question for you - do you know if the Havasu Blue is a dark blue or a medium/light blue?
Currently we have not painted any sample parts nor received color plaques from honda...being we are shut down the week of the 4th...it'll be awhile before i can find out more info.

Also - the April 02 date you mention - is that when they start production, or when the first models roll off the line? I would really hate to buy an 02 MDX, just to find out that a Honda rolls off the line 3 months later with an equivalent setup (and maybe some extra features) for about 5-7k. I'm not into luxury - I just want what's the most functional for my use.

Well basically I think the start of production and the first models off the line would equal the same thing....?
which will happen the end of april....

cya

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd say I'd like to wait for the Honda too, but I really don't know enough about it.

Say, for example, that an entry level Honda version of the MDX starts off at about ~30k. If you add certain amenities that I'll require (like leather seating, cd changer, etc.), then the cost of the vehicle hits $35k.

So - a fully loaded, all the options (not DIO) MDX runs $40k. A $5k difference - not exactly enough to break the bank - and you're also figuring you have an extra year of warranty service.

Dunno - I wish Honda would say more about their new SUV - what they're doing really isn't fair to consumers of the MDX that might want to wait around for the Honda version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Say, for example, that an entry level Honda version of the MDX starts off at about ~30k. If you add certain amenities that I'll require (like leather seating, cd changer, etc.), then the cost of the vehicle hits $35k.

I agree if the difference is 5 to 7k than I will get the MDX, but if it's over 10k fully loaded, boy it's sure going to be hard to convince the wife that I want to pay 10k more for having that "MDX" pride!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
JNanas said:

Dunno - I wish Honda would say more about their new SUV - what they're doing really isn't fair to consumers of the MDX that might want to wait around for the Honda version.
Honda has historically been closed mouthed about their new models. Actually I'm suprised we know as much about it as we do!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would be very surprised to see the new Honda before the 2003 model year. There is a new CR-V due in this Fall and you would expect Honda to get at least a full model year of sales without having to compete against itself.

Also, as a somewhat smaller auto company (number 4 or 5 in Japan, I think) Honda has not in the past launched new models a the same time, unlike Toyota which brought out five new trucks in something like 18 months.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
From everything and finding, I seems like the HONDA SUV version of the MDX will be for sometime next year 2002, not 2003, but ofcourse things can change
-Jose

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ch-ch-changes

I'm anxious to see what styling and feature changes are offered on the Honda version too, but I'll bet it isn't available until 2003. For now, though, I'm pleased that Consumer reports has selected the MDX as a "Recommended" vehicle. (The July issue carried all sorts of good news for me - good news on the MDX AND my company received the highest rating on infant play yards in that same issue. :D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts