Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 MDX with advanced package and it has a built in homelink transmitter. I recently upgraded my gate opener and the new opener uses a liftmaster 860LM and a 811lm remote. I was wondering if anyone knew how to program this to the homelink in the car. Also, I don't know if homelink in my mdx is compatible with Security+ 2.0.

Thanks

Sanjay

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts
The programming instructions are in the user's manual that came with the car. Do you have it?

From my user's manual: If you have problems with training the HomeLink Universal Transceiver, or would like information on home products that can be operated by HomeLink, call (800) 355-3515. On the Internet, go to HomeLink

·
Registered
798 Posts
You most likely have a rolling code security which will require you to get a step stool or ladder to access your garage door opener unit in the ceiling to hit a reset or pairing button in addition to pressing buttons on the homelink.

The instructions should be pretty clear on this. Just look up instructions for your opener too if you can't find the buttons on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You most likely have a rolling code security which will require you to get a step stool or ladder to access your garage door opener unit in the ceiling to hit a reset or pairing button in addition to pressing buttons on the homelink.

The instructions should be pretty clear on this. Just look up instructions for your opener too if you can't find the buttons on it.
For my 2001 MDX, I discovered that I have a rolling code unit, so I followed all these steps to get mine to work. Clearing the vehicle (with the car on or running) first by holding the 1st and 3rd buttons until the LED flashes (about 20 seconds) is a good idea (especially if you just got the vehicle used.) Then I held the door transmitter near the Homelink buttons in my MDX. I pressed the button on the door opener and held it at the same time I pressed and held one of the Homelink buttons until it flashed its sequence of slowly then rapidly (about 10 seconds for me) and told me it was done. I then went in the garage and opened the one light cover on the opener, found the learn button, pressed it, and ran back to the MDX (you have 30 seconds to get this done for Chamberlain) and pressed the button I programmed. I did this twice (They say 3 times) and then the light bulbs in the opener blinked twice to tell me it worked. I pressed the programmed button in my MDX and held it for about a second and a half and the door closed. Then after it closed, I pressed it again and it opened without fail. Tried it again just now when I got home from work and it worked again flawlessly. Note, this is for my 2001 and my Chamberlain Door opener, YMMV. - Kaci

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.