Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried setting up home link on my 2016 Elite. I started by trying to use the garage door remote that came (I have two separate doors, each with a machine). The LED home indicator worked as if it registered and when reading the manual the light sequence said I had to use the Learn button on the machines themselves.

So I tried that and for some reason neither machine is registering the MDX buttons. The remote, which I also set up this evening using the learn buttons, works fine, but neither garage door opens for the MDX.

Anyone know if there was a trick that needs to me done, or something? Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just tried setting up home link on my 2016 Elite. I started by trying to use the garage door remote that came (I have two separate doors, each with a machine). The LED home indicator worked as if it registered and when reading the manual the light sequence said I had to use the Learn button on the machines themselves.

So I tried that and for some reason neither machine is registering the MDX buttons. The remote, which I also set up this evening using the learn buttons, works fine, but neither garage door opens for the MDX.

Anyone know if there was a trick that needs to me done, or something? Any advice?

Thanks
Having issues setting this up on my 2017 as well. I tried pressing the remote and the button at the same time, it started quickly blinking and then stopped. Still didn't work. The "learn" button on the actual door opener didn't help either.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I setup the opener on my 2014 once and it worked right away. This is with a Genie garage door opener.

I did, however, find that the range of the opener isn't very good - it's much less than the normal button I use in another car. Make sure when you try it that the MDX isn't too far away from the garage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had no trouble with my 14 either. I've linked it to several garage door openers. Not sure exactly what you did, but here is what has worked for me. First get the MDX homelink to learn the code from your opener transmitter. Then, using the learn code on the garage door opener, have it learn the code from the MDX homelink. It has been straight forward and works fine for me..

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have two older Genie Pro Stealth belt drive garage door openers. I never been able to program without having to follow the steps of using the homelink buttons, Genie garage door opener, and learn button on the unit.

I find the Homelink instructions from the website work a little better than Acura instructions: HomeLink Instructions

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

Thought I would share an update. Just got both of my doors linked (both Chamberlain belt drives, a few years apart from each other).

When I posted this the car was in the driveway and would not work. I tried again, using the Learn button, with the car in the garage, right under/next to the two openers, and sure enough, it linked.

Special thanks to mdxstang for posting about the range!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all,

Thought I would share an update. Just got both of my doors linked (both Chamberlain belt drives, a few years apart from each other).

When I posted this the car was in the driveway and would not work. I tried again, using the Learn button, with the car in the garage, right under/next to the two openers, and sure enough, it linked.

Special thanks to mdxstang for posting about the range!
What exact steps did you take? Did you press the learn button or hold it down? And did you press the homelink button with it or after?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From outside of my garage, I first used the steps in the manual to program the car using the remote that came with the garage door opener. So I held down the door opener button and homelink button until the led flashed quickly. I then attempted to use the homelink to open the door. No luck.

Then, again from outside the garage, I hit the Learn button on the door opener itself, and then held the same homelink button, however the door opener lights never flashed, which would have signified it worked. Trying the homelink button again, of course, it did not work.

I then pulled the car into the garage, directly under the door opener. I hit the learn button on the door opener, and held the same homelink button. This time, the garage door opener lights flashed, signifying it recognized the homelink. When I tried using the homelink button, it worked.

I then did this for my other garage door opener. This time, the car was not directly underneath it, but in the garage beside it. Using the learn button, it registered and worked.

For the two Chamberlain door openers I have, I did not have to hold the Learn button on the opener, just press it. There was a little light next to the button to show it was in "learn mode". The instructions say that the opener will stay in learn mode for about 30 seconds, so I had to get back in the car and hold the homelink buttons within that time.

Also, the car was not turned on. I had hit the start engine button once, putting it in accessory mode.

I hope that helps. The one thing I have not tested is how close to the garage doors I need to be to activate them with homelink. I know in my Audi I could be half way down the street, I'll update this post when I test the MDX. Maybe tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts