Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my Redrock touring yesterday:) My salesman was off for easter break with the kids. I guess I shouldn't be suprised, but when I got home the we found the vehicle does not have wheel locks (the only forced option!) nor can I find any evidence of a block heater. Suppose if he had been around someone would have made sure things were completed. The 150 mi drive will make it a pain in the a** to get things finished.

The especially good news is this ended up being a 3 month wait instead of the 6 month wait I was originally quoted.

Jon

·
Registered
420 Posts
They should reimburse you in some way for their mistake. Maybe a free oil change or something like that.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Good luck!!

Get the dealer to throw the wheel locks in free because they forgot to install, or better yet try to get the first two service's for free. They should throw you something!! Best of luck with your new baby!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1xx miles to get a set of wheel locks? hmm.. that is really bad. You should ask them to give you those + 7500 miles services FREE + reimburse you the time (MONEY) that you need to spend on the road to see them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Played phone tag with my salesman all day. He did make the mistake of discussing this with my wife without being appropriately apologetic - big mistake. Anyway, it seems that while he was gone no one made sure things were finished. The block heater was on backorder, and supposedly parts department didn't mention this to anyone.

I'm not particularily annoyed with him, except for the excuse-making he mistakenly passed on to my spouse. I'll put the damn locks on myself when he sends them to me. Will let you know what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts