Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a train derailment delay my new hitch showed up today at 1:30. Here I sit at 3:30 and I`m all done. Not too hard to do for sure. But you really need two people to lift it in place and start the 6 bolts. After that the work in the back was really plug and play. The only down side is trying to install the crappy small blade fuses down in a hole. Honda/Acura did their homemwork for sure.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I guess I’m über manly for doing my hitch by myself?

Honestly I don’t understand the 2-person complaint — and you’re notthe first to have that issue. I just put the hitch on my chest, then lift it up. Easy.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I was 67 when I put my OEM hitch on my new 2016 myself. I don't get the 2-person thing - it simply isn't that hard to do alone. The only issue is to use care to avoid hitting the 7-pin socket on the bumper when moving the hitch into place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually used Jack Stands to hold the center and 1 side up while I bolted the other side up. I did a video of the entire process and posted to YouTube but I can't link it here since I don't have enough posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.