Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MDX SH-AWD ADV/ENT 30K miles

I noticed the paint is peeling and am seeing rust. Would this be covered under a warranty?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Depends. Accessories are covered under a 1 year/12k mile warranty by itself unless installed by a dealer at the time of NEW vehicle purchase, where it would become 4yr/50k miles. BUT, it still depends if it a failure caused by manufacturing defect or not. Being an exposed part, you will need to tell us if it has received any damage (even a rock chip) that would classify the peeling as due to normal wear and tear. Even then, your dealer would make the final call whether to help you or not. If you get rejected, there's always Rustoleum spray paint.

·
Registered
131 Posts
All hitches rust.

POR15

You barely need to clean off the rust. Brush it or roll that stuff on, you won't see anymore rust.

Just don't get any on the bumper!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apex1,
what is "POR15", I just purchased a 2014 with some hitch rust. Doesn't look like it was ever used, but has some small area's of rust I would like to take care of.

korbo

·
Registered
115 Posts
Apex1,
what is "POR15", I just purchased a 2014 with some hitch rust. Doesn't look like it was ever used, but has some small area's of rust I would like to take care of.

korbo
type POR15 in google and basically every single result in the first page will tell you what it is.

All hitches rust. Just get a cover for it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You will love POR-15. You barely even need to prep. Just clean and paint. You won't see rust for years.
they also sell a cleanser, and a prep solution. Sounds like you had good results skipping those steps?

Also, do you actually use your hitch? I would be an amazing product if it can endure a 3500 lb. trailer rattling and scratching and pressing in the hitch receiver.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ha yes, por is awesome. However, I am sure the better you prep the longer it lasts.

I am not talking about inside the receiver, it will scratch to bear metal, then rusting.

·
Registered
391 Posts
thanks for the info on that anti-rust solution there.

mine is experiencing rust on the left side of the trailer hitch facing into the hitch itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts