Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to install a Acura trailer hitch by yourself follow instruction provided on line, but use an old skate or boot lace to support the hitch. Take the center of the lace and tie it around the cable for the spare tire lift and the two equal ends to the center hole in each of the mounting flanges, crank the spare tire cable up and place the receiver end in the bumper assembly the install is a lot easier when your not trying to deal with the weight

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Both are very good ways! I used the jack too. But your attachment method to prevent rotation is quite clever!

I'm going to have to do it again though since Curt is sending me ANOTHER hitch (this one is skewed and rotated unfortunately). Ugh...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wish the OEM wasn't so stupidly expensive. Got the Curt for $79 shipped and the OEM is $300+ yikes.
You mean $179 right?

My wife saw the integrated bumper fascia of the OEM and said it was that or nothing.

Background: We had both the OEM and then later the Curt hitch installed on our 2013 RDX. (All three were installed in our garage the night before a long trip!)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You mean $179 right?

My wife saw the integrated bumper fascia of the OEM and said it was that or nothing.

Background: We had both the OEM and then later the Curt hitch installed on our 2013 RDX. (All three were installed in our garage the night before a long trip!)
Nope $79 to my door

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you go OEM for both the hitch and wiring harness, make sure you follow the instructions ( for once... ) and attach the harness plug to the hitch before you raise and install it. Yeah, you can fake it afterwards with a lot of tugging and prying on the bumper cover and cursing, but it really is easier to do it in the correct order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.