Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have a 2022 MDX A Spec with 12,000 miles. Pulled out of work today and immediately heard what I can only describe as a metal grinding noise when I started driving. It got higher pitched as I accelerated and only went away once I reached highway speeds around 70MPH. I completely went away once I was cruising on the highway and did not come back when I got off the highway. Not sure if this is relevant but we did get a large snowfall last night here in Chicago and there is a ton of salt on the roads. First time I've driven the car in these conditions (bought it used with 10,000 miles on it). Any insight would be appreciated. Already have a dealer appointment scheduled but wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar.

· Registered
108 Posts
Had the same thing last week as well. It was coming from the rear tires, with something caught between the rotor and the rotor shield. This is after I went through heavy snow, so must’ve been something in there. I was going to go to the car wash to power wash it out, but it worked itself out and it’s quiet now.

Had new tires put on last week and looked very closely at the rotor and shield. The distance between the rotor and shield is very small and things look like they’re getting stuck in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts