Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Maryland and currently neg. on price for a 2016 MDX Tech Pkg Mdx 116k miles. All service records but has not changed the timing belt yet asking $17500....I'm countering with $14000. Sound reasonable?

Charlie

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech
27 Posts
Sounds good to me. They probably won’t accept but that’s certainly not a lowball offer. That’s very high mileage for the year plus the timing belt appears to have been neglected (not knocking the car, just saying you have that ammo in your pocket for negotiations). The timing belt in that part of the country should have been done a long time ago (around 60k miles I believe). I wouldn’t go higher than 15k

·
Registered
308 Posts
Timing belt due at 100K or 105K, you can take it to Honda for cheaper but same part. I paid around 1100K for timing belt and other services that due at 105K.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The 16 MDX was a model that was in transition between the 14-15 MDXs 6AT and +17 MDXs with 9AT+Acurawatch. Acurawatch was optional for the 16 MDXs for the base and tech models. Probably the easy way to see if the tech MDX has Acurawatch is look for the ACC interval range button on lower right side of steering wheel. The 16 MDX was also the first year for the 9AT. There is a TSB to help with shifting issues; but, you might have to pay out of pocket since it is way out of warranty.

You could probably find a 14-15 MDX Adv with sh-awd with less mileage for around the same price. The Adv models had Acurawatch standard along with rear Entertainment and heated rear outboard seats (parking sensors, ventilated front seats, remote start). The 14-15 MDXs came with the 6AT and it was rated at +1 mpg better than the 9AT.

I don't know if the 16 MDX is sh-awd; but, I would test drive a MDX with sh-awd to feel the improvement it will make in 4 season performance and handling.

ACC and LKAS buttons for Acurawatch.

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Tech
27 Posts
Timing belt due at 100K or 105K, you can take it to Honda for cheaper but same part. I paid around 1100K for timing belt and other services that due at 105K.
We do timing belts at 60k here in Arizona. I thought the cold end of the requirement was freezing (or just below) but it’s actually -20 F after looking it up and I don’t think it routinely gets that cold in Maryland lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did my timing belt when the Maintenance Minder suggested it. That was around 165,000 km here in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts