Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having my SS MDX w/Tour+Nav on the way, no complaints about the car except for one thing. WHERE ARE THE HID'S? I've looked at several sites on the net and found some reasonable prices on HID kits. http://www.hidkits.com prices are from $499-700. I've already decided that i am going to get HID's whenever i get my car. (hopefully in a couple of weeks!!) Any info on the type of bulb for the low beam headlights? Anyway, give me some feedback.

~B

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanx for that thread. it looks good, but i want the real deal....
price isn't really an issue to me, but just wanted to let you guys/gals (Claire) know where to get HID's if you needed them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Right On!`

avirex...looks like you might have found a winner here. please keep us posted on how your expeirence is purchasing and installing your HID kit in an MDX application

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kits are intended for show cars or off road use only.

Keep in mind that HID is NOT street legal, they are not DOT approved. What this really means I have no idea, but could cause one to fail a vehicle inspection if the inspector was in a surley mood. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
53 Posts
re: Xenon HID

Hi everyone!

I just checked out a site where you can get true Xenon HID lights. (www.xenonshop.com)

They seem to be legit because they have some for sale on eBay and have received 3 positive feedbacks on the lights. I'm emailing a previous buyer now to get the details and specifics. The eBay URL is: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=555511523&r=0&t=0)

If the previous buyer says they are just like the ones on MB, BMW and Audi's, I'm gonna get a set too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jenson,

hey, keep us posted on the previous buyer. i went on the site, and they only sell them in singles. and they go for $310 apiece. thanx for the link.

~B

·
Registered
53 Posts
hello

Hi HID viewers:

This is the first response from a Xenon HID buyer
from eBay.

"yes they are the real deal they are very very bright i put them in my 97 4runner . you will be very pleased bling bling."

I have emailed the other 2 buyers and hopefully, they will give us some useful info on these Xenon HID's. I'll post as soon as I get responses.

Junson-

·
Registered
242 Posts
You probably have thought about this already, but when anyone of you get one installed, Please post some pictures. Keeps us updated. Where the hell is my MDX?!? So tried of waiting.........

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
From xenon.com
Are these XENON HID light systems street legal?
Every jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting. XENON HID lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles from the factory are DOT approved. Our kits are also made by the same OEM manufacturers that supply all the major car companies of the world. NO XENON HID lighting system available from any source is DOT approved if installed outside of the factory. Moreover, in the U.S, this is not street legal for use on public roads. As a result, we officially endorse the kit for exhibition and off-road use and will only sell the kit to be used for these purposes. We are not responsible for buyers who violate the terms of sale while in which they will assume all responsibilities for any unauthorized or unintended use other than exhibition or off-road use.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JPG,

so what if it's not DOT approved. it's not like when your on the highway, and the cops will go "hey that car with HID's is not DOT approved, let's pull him over. i mean there are a ton of cars out there that have illegal things on their cars.......i have 5% tint all around my LS and i pulled up right next to a cop at a red light, and nothing happened. so what makes you think that having lights that aren't approved will make any difference.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Junson

Thanks for the pics Junson...

Do you think that they can also send you pics on where they mounted the ballasts/ignitors, etc?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow! Those HIDs are really bright! I wonder if they would distract oncoming drivers being that the MDX headlights are positioned unusually high.

They look great!

I'm definitely considering this kit...(whenever my MDX arrives :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
re: Xenon HID

Hey everyone:

I emailed Xenon Shop to ask if they would discount the Xenon HID's to us acuramdx.org members. I'll let you guys know what's going on.

Just wanted to let you know...these headlamps are not DOT approved if they are not originally installed by the manufacturer. BUT...many cars in the DC area have super bright PIAAs, RayBrigs and Krytons. I have yet to see one get pulled over. Thats in the Washington DC area. I can't say if you can get away with it in other jurisdictions.

Junson-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Avirex34 said:
JPG,

so what if it's not DOT approved. it's not like when your on the highway, and the cops will go "hey that car with HID's is not DOT approved, let's pull him over. i mean there are a ton of cars out there that have illegal things on their cars.......i have 5% tint all around my LS and i pulled up right next to a cop at a red light, and nothing happened. so what makes you think that having lights that aren't approved will make any difference.
You know, if I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't have posted it seeking an answer. I'm curious to know IF anyone has had an issue with this in the past, e.g., "I failed an inspection because of ...., if I were you I wouldn't get...."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm curious to know IF anyone
has had an issue with this in the past, e.g., "I failed an inspection because of ...., if I were you I wouldn't get...."

well first of all, you didnt' state that in your previous post. you just quoted from xenonshop.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Posted by JPG.......

I'm curious to know IF anyone
has had an issue with this in the past, e.g., "I failed an inspection because of ...., if I were you I wouldn't get...."

well first of all, you didnt' state that in your previous post. you just quoted from xenonshop.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
22 Participants
FANm1626
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing