Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this hitch capable of towing a 4 x 8 UHaul trailer with tables, chairs, matress, etc. in it??? i am looking for an alternative instead of buying an OEM hitch from acura.

How was your experience?

·
Registered
173 Posts
dromayn

I recently rented the 4' X 8' trailer from U-hail and I have the OEM hitch. The U-haul rep looked at the OEM hitch and said he could have saved me some cash and got a better hitch from them.

So check out U-haul and see what type of prices they have.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hmm, I'm sure they would have done it cheaper, but better? I put on the OEM hitch, it's a pretty serious piece of hardware, and a pretty good connector design. I wonder what they've got that's better.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Transmission Cooler????

Wonder if U-Haul was going to include the transmission cooler in his installation?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The rep did ask me if I had the Transmission coolers installed. I replied yes. They do include the coolers with their installs.

I opted for the OEM hitch, for the peace of mind and if any thing happens its covered by the Acura warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did the dealer install? Mine wants 1000 for the install vs about 500 from Tim

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Guru - $1000 is definitely on the high side for parts & labor - I've seen quotes from $500 to $900. I'm guessing Tim's price is parts only - if it includes labor, jump on it! Installing it yourself is an option, not too bad, particularly if you've got a helper (it's a heavy sucker).

dromayn - that 4x8 will be a pretty light load, if it's a one time deal I bet you could go with a hidden hitch type alternative.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts