Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way that the bulbs and ballasts are compatible with the MDX headlights... I would think that something could be done to get the bulbs to work...anyone have any idea of how much it would cost to get from acura..? or if it is even possible..to hook them up to the mdx housings?

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why would you want to go through that hassle when you can buy a good aftermarket kit for probably much less then what Acura would charge you for the '03 CL bulbs and ballasts that may not fit?

Check out any of the group buys going on instead. You'll save a lot of headache and money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know i guess for the same reason why people go out and purchase bmw hid kits and put them on there accord?

·
Registered
215 Posts
try a CATZ kit..... they make OEM hid kits for honda/acura.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nyc said:
try a CATZ kit..... they make OEM hid kits for honda/acura.

NIce...thanks for your help!

I'll do a search online for them..., but do you happen to know of any places that sell them direct?

Thanks Again!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello,

The problem with trying to install CL/TL OEM HIDs into your vehicle is that they are not designed to plug into your 9006 housings. You will need to modify the bulb in order to fit your stock housings and you will most likely not be able to replicate the correct beam pattern. As a result, your light output will be extremely blinding and dangerous to fellow drivers.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XenonDepot said:
Hello,

The problem with trying to install CL/TL OEM HIDs into your vehicle is that they are not designed to plug into your 9006 housings. You will need to modify the bulb in order to fit your stock housings and you will most likely not be able to replicate the correct beam pattern. As a result, your light output will be extremely blinding and dangerous to fellow drivers.

Regards,

Steve
Hey Steve thanks for the reply...but what do you recommend then??

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts