Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for fellow HID light owners:

Did anyone adjust the height of the lights after intalling? I adjusted the lights up slightly, and I am getting much better visibility when it is dark. It is actually incredible how it lights up the road. However, I am somewhat worried about blinding oncoming cars or even getting a ticket.

I am looking for any ideas regarding HID light adjustments.

thanks

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
ootyboy said:
Quick question for fellow HID light owners:

Did anyone adjust the height of the lights after intalling? I adjusted the lights up slightly, and I am getting much better visibility when it is dark. It is actually incredible how it lights up the road. However, I am somewhat worried about blinding oncoming cars or even getting a ticket.

I am looking for any ideas regarding HID light adjustments.

thanks
Yes I had to go up quit a bit, and what a difference it made. The more up you go the further down the road it lights up, and it's amazing how far it could go. At first, I went to far and blinded everyone. After a week I was able to get the correct height as to not blind most vehicles. Once in a while I do come behind a very low vehicle and I can see the bright light does bother them. You can't make everyone happy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Low beams

Hello!!!
Low beams are meant to be LOW beams.
The factory specification (maybe the DOT spec., not sure) is for the upper edge cut off to fall 2.1" in 25'.
Just because you are not being flashed does not mean you are not anoying and blinding others.
I wish we would us ethe European method here.
You drive with your MAIN beams (called high beams here) and you go to your DIPPED beams (called Low beams here) when you need to due to traffic in front of you.
This would neggate the desire for people to turn there DIPPED beams into MAIN beams.

(Slowly stepping down from the soapbox)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had to adjust my HIDs way down.

I was getting hi-beamed regularly.

I must have cranked the screw fully at least 10 times.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Be careful with aiming your aftermarket HIDs too high. Nothing worst than blinding an incoming cop.:13:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Pull about 5 feet from a wall to adjust. Then drive behind cars to determine if to high. I still blind very low cars like the saturns, but all other cars are OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts