Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received the HID kit from autolamps-online group buy? I'm interested in getting the kit myself, and would like to know how good they are.

thanks,

mdx_jt

·
Registered
249 Posts
HID Kit

As I understand it this is the only vendor to use all Philips genuine parts. I am waiting for the delayed arrival of an MDX to order.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My HID kit had all Philips genuine parts and I did not get mine from autolamps.com. Mine were 4300K and only cost me $360 shipped. I do not think that the 6000K produces enough white light IMHO.

·
3,109 Posts
rvehock said:
My HID kit had all Philips genuine parts and I did not get mine from autolamps.com.
Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I got mine from a gentleman named Jason Jimenez, he can be reached at [email protected]. I initially found Jason at: http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

He was running a groupbuy for Philips HID kits, below is the ad:

4300K true HID conversion kit featuring Philips bulbs and ballasts.
This HID kit features genuine Philips 4300K D2S bulbs for product longevity and performance. The bulbs are rebased to help maintain focal point and reduce glare. The ballasts are 1pc Philips units -- these are the absolute best you can buy. Fool-proof positive (+) & negative (-) specific AMP watertight sealed connectors supply power to the ballasts. All the components are plug-and-play and come with a 1yr warranty. Ballast holders and mounting plates are included to simplify installation.

I paid $360 shipped for my kit and I installed in about 1 hour (that included permenently mounting the ballasts). I have been very happy with this kit, the light output looks indentical to my wifes factory HIDs in her 2000 3.2TL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts