Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my HID kit, ordered from eurospeed, on my 2003 MDX. The kit consisted of Phillips ballasts, hareness with fuse, and Osram 6000K bulbs. Kit was very easy to install, completely plug and play. No reversing plugs or trimming bulb mounts. It took 10 minutes to make the connections but 2 hours to properly mount the ballasts in the engine compartment. I used nylon wire ties, but if I were to do this again I would use two sided tape and would cut the time from 2 hours to 15 minutes. The lights are incredible, though proper aiming is critical to prevent blinding on-coming vehicles. Really put the lights to the test this last weekend when I drove to Mammoth Mountain for skiing. Hit "whiteout" conditions where visability at times literally dropped to "zero". The HID's really did a great job of penetrating the driving snow without causing reflective glare. The only problem is that these lights make my high beams and fogs look "yellow" by comparison. I would like to "upgrade" these for better performance and am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sylvania SilverStars. 9005 for hi beams, 9006 for fogs. A lot of folks on this site use PIAA 2500K Ion Yellow fogs, too, and I've seen some posts referring to Philips Bluevisions for the fogs. Good luck with whatever you decide. Congrats, I'm jealous. :29:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts