Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
these lights are truly AMAZING!... I love them... i honestly didn't expect to be this impressed... check the before and after pics

before





after

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
They look excellent

Isn't it amazing when you come up from behind on someone, it's like an explosion of light. Even during the day they are great for daytime running lights. I am very impressed with the start up, how they build up to full intensity. :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
i honestly am convinced this is the greatest upgrade i could have gotten for my X... I wanna put a set of these lights on all of my cars.

only gripe I had was one of the bulbs was slightly messed up (the purple ground cover thingy was bent and cracked a lil) but the bulbs work perfectly and when I called up hids4less they told me I could send the bulb in if I wanted to. I said it was OK as long as it was working, and got confirmation that my 5 year warranty was still good (just so they didnt say that the bulb blew cause of physical damage)

man fireblade thanks so much. it was your original pictures that motivated me to get these, and im sooo glad i did
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Am very happy with my Stage IIs as well. One thing I had not thought about though, the high beams are no longer aimed properly. With the HIDs, you have to adjust the light focus up a good deal (several turns). That same adjustment also brings the high beams up...............and they were already aimed. High beams are now pretty good for bird watching! The good thing though, you do not really need highs with these things
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
light adjustments

mcclendons said:
Am very happy with my Stage IIs as well. One thing I had not thought about though, the high beams are no longer aimed properly. With the HIDs, you have to adjust the light focus up a good deal (several turns). That same adjustment also brings the high beams up...............and they were already aimed. High beams are now pretty good for bird watching! The good thing though, you do not really need highs with these things
Excellent point there. I never thought about that since the MDX comes with a sealed light housing. But then again like you said...WE never had to use the highs....I never need to use the highs on the countryside where there are not streetlights.

Well am glad that you all like them. I sure do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
let me throw you guys a another complaint against hids4less:

i bought 1 stage 1 kit.

i just checked my credit card and i found that they charged me for another kit - $600!!

over a period of 3 months, that's 3 charges for stage 2 kits, 2 charges for stage 1 kits, 2 refunds for stage 2 kits and 1 refund for stage 1 kit. net result: charges for stage 2 AND stage 1 kit.

check your cards... and their billing dept sucks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
young said:
let me throw you guys a another complaint against hids4less:

i bought 1 stage 1 kit.

i just checked my credit card and i found that they charged me for another kit - $600!!

over a period of 3 months, that's 3 charges for stage 2 kits, 2 charges for stage 1 kits, 2 refunds for stage 2 kits and 1 refund for stage 1 kit. net result: charges for stage 2 AND stage 1 kit.

check your cards... and their billing dept sucks...
I'd report them to your credit card company. Good luck trying to get them to reverse the charges.

..................

If you're looking for another source of HIDS, check out my Stage 1 Group Buy Post

I've been very please with my Philips Bulbs and Philips ballast from Supreme Power Parts . They have an excellent product and excellent Customer Service.


rflagg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
rflagg said:
I'd report them to your credit card company. Good luck trying to get them to reverse the charges.

..................

If you're looking for another source of HIDS, check out my Stage 1 Group Buy Post

I've been very please with my Philips Bulbs and Philips ballast from Supreme Power Parts . They have an excellent product and excellent Customer Service.


rflagg
yup! forget dealing w/ them anymore. yes, i will be reporting them to my credit card company and NOT paying for that! argh, i'm still so mad...

i do have the stage 1 kit already though, but i would highly recommend that people stay away from hids4less!!!

this is definitely the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
DID EVERYONE RECEIVE THERE ORDERS?

JUST CURIOUS TO SEE IF EVERYONE EITHER RECEIVED THERE ORDER OR CANCELLED THEIR ORDERS. WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT NOBODY IS STILL AWAITING THERE HID'S. IT'S ODD WHEN I CALLED RECENTLY TO ASK A QUESTION THERE IS A RECORDING SAYING THEY ARE AWAY TILL MAY 1ST, AND WHEN I TRIED TO GET THEM YESTERDAY AND TODAY THE MACHINE IS PLAYING THE SAME MESSAGE. I THOUGHT THAT TO BE A LITTLE ODD?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
billing dept?

young said:
let me throw you guys a another complaint against hids4less:

i bought 1 stage 1 kit.

i just checked my credit card and i found that they charged me for another kit - $600!!

over a period of 3 months, that's 3 charges for stage 2 kits, 2 charges for stage 1 kits, 2 refunds for stage 2 kits and 1 refund for stage 1 kit. net result: charges for stage 2 AND stage 1 kit.

check your cards... and their billing dept sucks...
Billing dept?! What billing dept?! I bet their billing and accounting is done on paper napkins. You really think those guys know how to use computers? When they take your order, I guarantee they're just jotting them down. They probably only use the comps when using email but that's probably only the management, aka, Kyle or Mike.

Need I remind you all that this is a webfront operation. We didn't buy our Xs from "acuras4less". I would be wary of buying anything from a "4less" shop. Still feel confident about your 5 year warranties?

Good luck Young...Check out BBB.org next...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Love the HID's

I drove mt wife's Maxima SE last night with stock lights and it seemed as if the battery was dead. It's going to be hard to drive any car that doesn't have the HID system. The stock lights only light up a few feet in front of the car. Even with the fogs on they did nothing, now I'm debating doing the conversion for her car. I think it has the h4 bulb. One light for low and high and not sre what for the fogs but they are terrible. But again she doesn't drive much in the evening, I'm not sure whether or not to start the project again?
 
221 - 233 of 233 Posts
Top