Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

HFL Version for 2008 MDX

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  stevegranger 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I did a lot of reading on the forum before posting this. I understand that original 2008 MDX had battery drain issue because of a few reasons and one of them being the Bluetooth HandFreeLink unit. I read how sometime just replugging and baking it helped, which I have tried to no use in my case. The unit in my system is 10 years old so I believe it has been dead for a few years (I just got hold of this 2008 Canadian vehicle). I would like to use HFL though. So I am planning to replace it anyways.

I also read somewhere that Acura fixed this issue relatively fast. My question to you is was there a version number or identifier to see which were the updated unit which did not have this issue? Is there a more recent update which I can use for my MDX.

The model on my car reads: Honda P/N 39770-STX-C011-M1
ASM Number 1561261 REV. 2
S/W REV: 02.00.000

The only replacement I can find online is with the American counterpart to this same REV and S/W REV. Do you know if that one is fixed? ANything better to replace it with? Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought a replacement from Acura and has been working without problems. Mine has the following numbers:

Honda P/N 39770-STX-A011-M1
ASM Number 1561260 REV. 07
S/W REV: 02.00.000

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.