Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best / cheapest place to buy a new hfl module?? i think mine is all baked out i baked it for the third time now and i think its done

·
Registered
103 Posts
My second HFL has gone bad and is draining my battery. And no, it's not the battery - I thought it was and got a brand new one through warranty, but the new one is also draining. The HFL itself is functioning fine, but it's draining the battery while parked. Assuming the baking doesn't help (it didn't for the first one), is there an updated version of the HFL that will not eventually have this problem?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can also install one of these it replaces the hfl and adds bluetooth. very easy to install

·
Registered
34 Posts
you can also install one of these it replaces the hfl and adds bluetooth. very easy to install
What exactly is a 'HFL'? Serious question, it doesn't jive with me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very nice presentation. It does ring a bell now on a bulletin or something I read a while back. Getting back to the OP's problem, guess a salvage module is the most cost efficient solution, but if it had to be repaired, I've had really good things happen with BBA in Massachusetts. Had one NIGHTMARE experience with FlagshipOne on eBay. Steer clear of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried baking the HFL. Worked for a few weeks and even that was not in a reliable manner. So I currently use Amazon Echo connected to the aux with wires coming from inside the center console for everything. Works very well.
I also added GPS, back up cam, dash cam etc using a dash mounted unit I found on the chinese ecommerce site. Works for now. See pic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried baking the HFL. Worked for a few weeks and even that was not in a reliable manner. So I currently use Amazon Echo connected to the aux with wires coming from inside the center console for everything. Works very well.
I also added GPS, back up cam, dash cam etc using a dash mounted unit I found on the chinese ecommerce site. Works for now. See pic. View attachment 113968

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.