Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am a long time member but this is my first actual post. I just purchased a 2007 Black MDX Tech about 3 weeks ago and the bluetooth button hasn't worked. From reading here on the forums, I am assuming that the HFL module has been disabled/removed (possibly to remedy the dreaded battery drain issue). When I push the handsfree button on the steering wheel nothing happens. However, when I push the other button for voice commands the female's voice speaks but never understands my commands (ie A/C commands or radio commands). Does the HFL module control these functions as well? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
353 Posts
"I am assuming that the HFL module has been disabled/removed (possibly to remedy the dreaded battery drain issue)."

If you flip open your center console arm rests and just pull on the rear console you can see if the HFL is disconnected. All I know is if you remove the Nav DVD, the bottom HFL button (not the phone one but the one for Phone/Nav/Climate does not work), it just beeps. I'm pretty sure you are right the HFL is either disconnected or has failed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response MDXpression! Yeah, I know how to remove it but I wasn't going to bother with it if it only controls the bluetooth commands. If it controls the Navi/A/C/Radio commands, then it would be worth the money and time to switch out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't think it does. I'll test it out for you this weekend since I going to test out my repaired Bluetooth Module. I put a new one in and decided to try repairing the old one to keep as a spare. Will let you know what functionality goes away.

1. Remove Nav DVD - You lose all control of climate/nav and radio
2. Disconnect BT Module - Not sure you lose anything other than your phone but will confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! I would surely appreciate it! However, it does then beg the question that if the HFL doesn't control the voice prompted other controls, then what does. The button works but it never recognizes what I say. It always says "could you repeat" but then doesn't give me the opportunity to repeat because it just cuts off. Also, come to think of it, I never hear a beep either before I give a voice command .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts