Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 MDX with Tech bluetooth just died. I already replaced the until 3 years ago, and now broke again. The part number in the car is 39770-STX-A210-M1. When I call Acura they quoted me on part # 39770-STX-A11. I am trying to figure out which part is correct, and trying to find a used working one (a new one is over $300). Acura quoted me over $600 to do the fix, with the unit. Seemed very high considering I think I can even remove the old one and plug in the new unit.

Any help would begreatly appreciated.

-Mark

·
Registered
353 Posts
My personal recommendation is to buy a USA Spec BT module and disconnect the unreliable factory one.

The only downside of using the USA Spec module is you have to switch to XM source if you are listening to a CD or Radio and you receive a call. Not a big deal for me but worth noting.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

That is the part according to the acura parts lookup, fits 2010-2013 models. It's the same number you have in your car with the 0-M1 left off.

The 39770-STX-A11 Part No is for bluetooth module with NO nav (Base MDX). If you have Tech model it's the 39770-STX-A21. Use coupon code acurazine for 5% off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found a used one on ebay for $80. To replace it, is any programming needed? Or do I simply unplug the old unit and plug in the new one, and it will work when I turn the car on?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
No programming! Should be plug and play!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I ended up purchasing anew unit from Delray Honda (thanks csmeance for the coupon code). I took out the old unit, plug in the new one, and still NO bluetooth. What else can be the issue? Is there a fuse to check? Please help. New unit was approx $300.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
First of all, you need to make sure you purchased the correct module. The proper P/N for your 2012 Tech is 39770-STX-A21.

Secondly, what do you mean by "no bluetooth"? Is there an error? Is the issue in pairing your device? What is it?

Finally, go to the secret menu and see if you have HFL displayed in green or red there. If it's green, it should be working fine. If it's red, you have an issue. Provided the new module is an actually working unit, might be something wrong with wiring harness or connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. That's the part I purchased
2. No error - I go to pair a phone on the menu, but my phone doesn't see a bluetooth device available to connect to.
3. How do I get to the secret menu?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got to the menu. HFL comes up as RED. Connection = NG

Also the XM(HIP) is all red.

Everything else looks fine.

I also held the hang-up button on the steering wheel, and voice said the Hands Free Link is ok.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Got to the menu. HFL comes up as RED. Connection = NG

Also the XM(HIP) is all red.
There's your issue. If it's red, it's not functioning correctly.

Check if the connector is fully plugged into the module.

The new module might be faulty as well. In that case you should be able to exchange it for another one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried and it is plugged in. I even put the old unit back in and get same results. Is it possible the connector is bad? Do I have to bring it to Acura to look at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I replaced the new unit I bought through warranty exchange. I then put new new unit back in, and still not working. Any ideas? Or does this mean I have more electrical issues?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yep, if a different unit results in the same issue - you are likely to have other electrical issues. If you REALLY want this functionality, at this point your best bet is probably get Acura diagnose the issue. In my experience it's usually a 1 hr flat rate fee for diagnostics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts