Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you enjoying your color?

I've yet to see one out in the real world (i.e. not stuck in a dealer's showroom) and wonder what you all think.... please post away!

·
Registered
89 Posts
All I can say is:

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! :10:

Was definitely worth the wait (for me, at least)! Haven't seen another one this color on the roads around here, yet. And I get all kinds of stares from folks (I'm sure part is because it's an MDX, but part HAS to be the color)! ;)

It seems to be a bit of a chameleon, though, like some of the other colors. Have had it since 5/17, and it's run the range of looking anywhere from silver to a pale green, depending on the lighting, but mostly stays it's 'natural', beautiful blue color.

Soon as I get it cleaned, BSM installed and Zainoed, will post some pics. Heck, I might do it even without the BSM and Zaino. That way I'll have comparison pics for the 'before' and 'after'. :20: :21: :29:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: seeing one in the real world

I have yet to see any of the new colors actually out on the road. I have seen the Red and White at the dealer however.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: Re: seeing one in the real world

msu79gt82 said:
I have yet to see any of the new colors actually out on the road. I have seen the Red and White at the dealer however.
Same here. I have a white one myself and I've yet to see another one on the road in the 6 months I've had mine-- although that makes me feel that much more special :D All I ever see is GG, Mahogany, Silver, DEP, and Black. Not that that's bad.....just weird to never see the other colors out and about.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Definitely worth the wait

I've had mine almost two weeks and I'm definitely glad I waited for it. It's a very interesting color - it varies from a silvery mint green to a silvery light blue depending on the lighting and where you're standing. I've gotten only positive comments. I haven't seen any others and don't expect to - the dealer said they wouldn't be getting another one in until August.

Kim

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I absolutely second that......

............I have finally reached a point now (after over a year of trying to find the perfect SUV :rolleyes: ) where I'm very seriously considering putting a deposit on a 2003 MDX Touring with Nav (provided options don't change)......Initially I wanted a Black with Saddle, but decided it was "too high maintenance".......then I thought Redrock Pearl really "rocked" - looked good in pictures like a Dark, almost maroonish Red - but when I saw it in reality it looked more like a "TOMATO RED", which I'm not particularly fond of. I never really considered Havasu Blue at all.......but when I saw one on the lot the other day I was totally blown away........MY GOODNESS THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL COLOR......(and coming from me it really emphasizes the point even more, because I'm not generally one of those "ooooh it's so beautiful types" and am generally more concerned with function rather than form - diamonds are just stones having no functional value etc. etc. etc. - you get my drift)........well, it might have had something to do with the fact that it was sunset which probably enhanced the color a bit.......but nevertheless it was really gorgeous.............So that's what I'm going to order: A Havasu Blue Touring with Nav and Saddle......OH SHOOT!!!....just realized it's not available with a Saddle interior......guess I'll have to live with the black interior :3:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I was disappointed at first when I found out Granite Green only came with ebony interior.
Now I love it. First black interior in a car, except maybe my '76 TR6, but it's great. Looks classy. Kind makes up for the somewhat less than luxury vinyl appointments.
Oh well, nothing's perfect, and this is still a fine motor vehicle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
HavasuBlue rocks!

Well, similar to vicpai's note, we didn't go in with Havasu Blue in mind, but after checking out the different color options, it's where we ended up. We started at Black/Saddle, after learning that Green was no longer an available option. We moved through Silver, Red, White and Beige without feeling "at home" with any of them.

While Havasu Blue looked interesting in the literature, due to its chameleon-like abilities, we really wanted to see it on something larger than a 2 inch square paint chip. We finally did so and never looked back. Within minutes of seeing it, Havasu Blue was the only choice and we concentrated on options, etc.

Cheers,

Michael Garretson :31:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts