Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
yea i believe the OP is looking @ the 3rd gen hence being in the 3rd gen forum. only the 2nd gen has the oil consumption issues.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would recommend test driving a hybrid tech or adv since that would be the closet you will get to the driving dynamics of your old TL. My 19 MDX hybrid with electronic dampers handles noticeable better than my 18 RLX hybrid without electronic dampers. The 7DCT is probably the smoothest and best shifting transmission Acura/Honda has ever used.

All +18 MDXs have some nice updates with Carplay, metal/wood trim, and updated touchscreen resolution/functions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
while I agree with "Froze" that 1qt per 1000 miles is high oil consumption on todays cars, and well above what I've experienced in any of my vehicles that were built in the last 20 years, the majority of car mfg consider "excessive" oil consumption to be in the 1 qt/1000 miles. It isn't just Acura. Now, all 4 of my vehicles use less than a qt/10,000 miles, and 1 has 180K miles on it, another 95K, another 230K miles, and one I sold is now at 250K miles and still use less than 1 qt/7500-10K miles. So, I'd also be upset at 1 qt even at 3K miles. Be thankfull that Acura doesn't seal the dipstick when they start the test. Some mfg have the dealer seal the dipstick then have you come back after x miles and then remove the seal and check.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all, New member, and first time poster, doing some lock down research in prepartion for car deal shopping after we can get back out to the world. My situation, currently have a 2012 TL that I absolutely love, it has been a bullet proof reliable car, but we are looking to get into a new vehicle in the next year or two, and given the history of my Acura the MDX is high on my list. Wife wants the SUV type car, and even though the 3rd row is not a need, its nice to have the option when needed, and the extra cargo space is a major plus. Like to hear what people think, bonus points for anyone that has gone from a TL to the MDX, really interested in reliability and its got to have the same if not better performance as the TL, the driveline on the TL to me is just about perfect, I don't want to get to the MDX and be disappointed, only so much you can get out of a test drive, especially now adays.
hahaha.., this is too funny! i had a 2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD tech that was totaled which led me to buy my '17 MDX SH AWD tech. I love the MDX, it will not be as sporty as the TL but it has been a great purchase for the family. highly recommend an '18+ for you to get the apple/android play.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m on my 2nd MDX (19 Advanced) and had a 2015 Tech both AWD. After putting 60k in 3 years on my ‘15 model, I haven’t had any mechanical issues. Did the regular service, and returned the lease with original tires and brake pads LOL. Had a TLX ‘18 base for 18 months, but missed the MDX because we have small kids. Last summer they had a lease cash promo on ‘19 MDX and I jumped all over it. Now in Advance AWD I couldn’t be happier. Haven’t had a single mechanical issue on any of the 3 Acuras.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts