Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new MDX-T. First pictures and more in my gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sweet, just goes to show there is no color that looks bad on an MDX. JK, it looks great. Normally I don't like the color contrast of the fender flares but here, they work Tint your front window to complete the look. Enjoy

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Nice X Desant. I agree with buhmabee, in that front window tinting would add a lot. :29:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. That is a good idea! I am planning to add that, cargo cover and xenon lights.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Desant:
Hey man your drivin MY SUV! I have the Sandstone as well. It is way cool how dramatically the color changes with the changing light of day. No roof rack for me tho, leave my wifes Exploder to carry stuff up top = no scratches for our X.

Beautiful car man - enjoy - we are:4: (we need a sandstone smiley face - how bout one for every color?!)

BTW, first time driving in rain and WIND (prob 20 to 30 mph) tonight. My X drives so well if I was a passenger I wouldn't even know the wind was blowin.:eek:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great pics too;) I see the snow in pics, can you share with us your experiences driving in the snow.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Microman. Thanks for the compliment. Interestingly enough, I did not choose Sandstone because I wanted it the most. My choice was between a white and sandstone, both 2002 T / NAVI for about $5K under MSRP + Free Accessories or 2003 Mahogany or Dark Blue for MSRP + I pay for accessories.

My wife and I chose 2002 Sandstone and we are so VERY happy. It is truly a beautiful color and yes, it is amazing how it looks different during the morning vs day vs evening! I don't see as many Xs of that color. It also looks great next to my black Montero (below).

In terms of snow driving and handling it is just SUPERB!!! I was surprised that it handles in snow about the same and stops on the ice better than Montero. Actually, I even started a thread about it. :)

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8711&highlight=Snow+driving+and+handling

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sharp Montero there Desant, good pic. Is that you dude in the drivers seat? Actually I recall the thread now that you highlighted it, I even entered on of the replies.

My wife and I were out Xmas shopping (yuck) tonight and it is really squally outside with lots a rain and wind. The X felt very solid and cut right through the wind. Hardly any wheel corrections, just kept tracking dead ahead as always. Was on a side road with lots of standing H2O, like the road covered with several inches to the center line. Did not see it in the rain until I was upon it at about 45 mph. Huge plume of spray surprised my wife but the wheel didn't even drag over to the right or the water depth slow the speed. I was IMPRESSED. That would have dogged out our Explorer for certain. What amazes me about this X is not matter what the conditions or road, it just keeps confidently truckin along without a whimper. Can't wait to try it out in our Sierra winters at Tahoe. Gonna be a fun drive in the white. Not like a bug I used to own - now that was great snow fun driving that oldy. But expect the X will do the same as always, just keep on going with dignity wherever we want to go rather than brute force like the Explorer.

(In case u haven't read my story:) I had MBP on order with Sandstone as my alternate. Sandstone came in (first 03 in Sacramento BTW) and the dealer informed me the MBP would not arrive until Feb or late Jan at best - 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 months out. Welllllllll, we took a look and we could not pass this beauty up. MBP is still my fav and I am hugley envious of those that took possession of theirs, but the Sandstone is a classy beauty and we are thrilled with it. After all, there is no unappealing X.;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Desant - beautiful X, but I hate to tell you that if your signature line is correct and it is in fact a 2002 and not a 2003 it is not Sandstone, but Mesa Beige. They didn't bring out the Sandstone until 2003.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Nice ride Desant. . .

I like the Sandstone. . . little darker than the 02 Mesa Beige. . . but the flares do go well with the color. Did them yourself or by the dealer?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Microman, I think you are going to love it at the snow - it is a fun driving car. I remember when I had my Montero only about a year ago, I went to an Acura dealer in Montreal and took an MDX to an empty parking lot full with snow and ice and started checking handling (sliding, ABS working, etc. :)) Scared the living crap out the dealer rep - but I was impressed even then!!! :)

Rudy331, good point - I didn't realize that. Thanks! :)

Laborlitigator, dealer installed it along with moonroof visor, mud flaps, moldings, and side steps - for free too! :) I thought moldings and side steps add really nice contrast to the beige color.

Well, I am going to take my X to airport, since wife and I are going for a day trip (flight) to The city :) (NY) for shopping and see some friends - thanks to special fares from Delta! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts