Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing my MDX, my dealer asked me if I want to get the Hendrick Autoguard (Acura Care option). It's suppose to protect the leather and add a clear protection coat on top of the exterior paint. Initially I didn't take it, but they took about $300 off the price, so I decided to go for it.

Does anyone ever had this applied on their brand new car before? I'm just curious. I'm not sure if it actually works. I hope it doesn't change the color of the exterior even slightly.

I searched throughout this site and noone has mentioned about this Acura Care added option.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
rnegosa said:
After purchasing my MDX, my dealer asked me if I want to get the Hendrick Autoguard (Acura Care option). It's suppose to protect the leather and add a clear protection coat on top of the exterior paint. Initially I didn't take it, but they took about $300 off the price, so I decided to go for it.

Does anyone ever had this applied on their brand new car before? I'm just curious. I'm not sure if it actually works. I hope it doesn't change the color of the exterior even slightly.

I searched throughout this site and noone has mentioned about this Acura Care added option.
http://www.hendrickchevy.com/en_US/f_MiscPage_1.chtml

Acura Care? Don't think so, it's Auto Care...has nothing to do with Acura, it's a profit maker for your Acura Dealer.
They took $300 off the price of the car, then charged you how much for the Hendricks package? That part of the equation is missing.
There are several posts on here about Teflon and poly coats....no, it's not likely to change the color, but in order to last 5 years (or more?) you need to refresh it every 6 mos. "for best results" Gee, doesn't sound too different than just waxing or polishing a car, does it?
Wish you had asked some questions before you said YES, but it probably wont hurt, and will look fine initially.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts