Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm just stumped.... the right rear door has no power going to it. I originally thought it was just a bad combo of a bad actuator and power window regulator since my front driver actuator is for sure bad. Long story short I replaced the actuator and unbolted the regulator and before I buttoned it up both still didn't work so that leads me here. :grin: I changed every single fuse dealing with the power window motors. The ones on right kick panel and the one in the engine bay, it was the first thing I checked. The front door switch doesn't roll it down/lock/unlock neither does the rear right door switch its self so its not a switch issue.

I got my wiring diagram out from my haynes and seen that the right rear door actuator wires are LTGrn/Red and Wht/Blu. The power window wires for the right rear door are Wht/Blk, Yel/Grn, Yel/Blk, Wht/Red, and Blu/Red and Blu/Wht are the ones that lead into the power window motor its self. I am god awful with electrical besides putting in systems.

Now I think it would be more than a coincidence that 2 wires would just be lose or snapped some where making both of these things screwed. I checked the connector that snaps into the side of the front door and I even pulled the boot back and didn't see any wire damage. I'm assuming this problem is going to run deep some where just not sure If the problem can be ahead towards the front of the vehicle or its not a wiring issue. I still have my door panel off and plan on tackling this in the morning so any help in the right direction of what to do next or what wire or thing might be causing this would help me out a ton. Sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure I had everything I did and know about. This thing has me beyond frustrated a 1 hour project turned into a 5 hour one. :banghead:

PS. I plan on getting the multi meter out just looking for some one with a similar experience and a push into the right direction of what wire/wires it might be.

·
Registered
758 Posts
What year? A little confusing because you said no power going to the right door but you will get your multi-meter out. And your master switch is bad too? Master is bad or it just doesn't control the right rear window? and lock? all locks? Passenger window has it's own control but a couple wires from the driver multiplex feed it.

Anyway, according to Haynes, for rear doors the window motors are wired through the switch, so you might check for voltage at the white/black going to the switch and ground (fed from fuse #16, 20 passenger side fuse box). (Power to the left rear switch should be coming from white/yellow if you want to cross check the other side for voltage (similarly #7, 20A).

If you don't have power at the switch, check switch side of the fuse for power.

Right rear is often a kiddie door so you might want to check the wiring behind the grommet both at the cab and door.

If locking is an issue too, it's more complicated with lock multiplexer.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got errr fixed up I had like 5 wires that needed repaired it was further down on the loom towards the regulator. I assumed that it some how got pinched by maybe the window I dunno anyhow shes fixed. Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.