Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an '03 MDX back in July that actually got "ordered" in late October - I was overlooked in the Sept order apparently. I checked in the first week of Nov to make sure the order got "in" and I was told that the order was made for a December delivery.

I called the other day and according to my dealership they can't tell at this point in time when/if it'll make a December delivery. Isn't the ordering process more predictable than this? What is the process and related timing? What can I expect??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, the process is more concrete than your dealer is letting you believe. Unfortunately, some dealers are just clueless. If you ordered the X in July, you should have "technically" gotten it in October. However, since your order did not go in until Oct. (I'd be down the dealer's throat at this), I would expect the car in January (3 month waiting period). After the car is ordered, you can get a production date range (usually 5 days) and a delivery date range (same). They are usually within 10 days of each other. So, I'd call the dealer today and ask them exactly those two ranges. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I know it completely sucks waiting!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I plan to call the dealer on this and on the pricing discount on the sales order.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Find a new dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts