Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some help with this project. I am hoping to install an aftermarket double din stereo while keeping the navigation system working. When I disconnect the stereo connectors the navigation unit touchscreen does not respond to let me click OK on the nag screen. It powers up just fine but the touchscreen just doesn't work. I have found a few posts here with the same concern but no solution. Did anyone have an answer to this? I haven't yet purchased the unit to replace the stock Cd changer yet as I heard old this problem, which I have confirmed but I am still hoping that I can find something that works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should let you know it is a 2006 MDX Touring with factory navigation and RES. The RES doesn't work anymore so I am OK losing this. I mostly use the navigation system for the maps as we are driving (just for reference rather than directions) and of course accessing the climate control and trip computer functions (the main reason I want to keep).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds like you have the BOSE system. Unfortunately that's the problem, it's tied into the base unit.
You would have to buy a non Bose Navi unit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What does still work on the Navi? Can you click on any of the side buttons?

I'm asking this because I forgot what didn't work when I tried this.
There is also a 'hack' to auto click OK on the Navi, google around here for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts