Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm having a pretty horrible day. My 2010 MDX is throwing the codes P0962, P0980 and P2720 (3 times). All three point to solenoid circuit issues. As a result, my car is having transmission issues (hard shifting and no reverse). All else is fine with the car.

Here's a little background. Right before this happened, I removed fuse 10 (ignition solenoid) as an aftermarket video was tapping into it causing battery drain. I connected the fuse again after removing the aftermarket cable tapping into it. I didnt do anything else. I'm not sure if I accidentally shorted anything while doing this.

I'm really helpless as I need the car for work tomorrow. I ordered an OBD2 scanner same day shipping on amazon today hoping clearing the codes may help solve the problem, but I dont think it will.

I appeal for help! Thank you folks!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Only hope is fuse 10 is faulty.

If a circuit damage fault exists you will need multimeter, some electrical knowledge, and fair amount of time to find the fault.

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. The fuse wasnt faulty. I took the car to AAMCO today and after 2.5 hours of prodding, they still havent been able to figure out the problem. They wanted to keep the car overnight and prod again tomorrow (check solenoids and the computer). Will post again to update the group, in case it helps anyone in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
I'm having a pretty horrible day. My 2010 MDX is throwing the codes P0962, P0980 and P2720 (3 times). All three point to solenoid circuit issues. As a result, my car is having transmission issues (hard shifting and no reverse). All else is fine with the car.

Here's a little background. Right before this happened, I removed fuse 10 (ignition solenoid) as an aftermarket video was tapping into it causing battery drain. I connected the fuse again after removing the aftermarket cable tapping into it. I didnt do anything else. I'm not sure if I accidentally shorted anything while doing this.

I'm really helpless as I need the car for work tomorrow. I ordered an OBD2 scanner same day shipping on amazon today hoping clearing the codes may help solve the problem, but I dont think it will.

I appeal for help! Thank you folks!
Did you find the problem? @dgkrishy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was getting P0980 & P2720 codes after removing the ignition Sol(15) fuse.

I finally figured out the fuse had blown(probably while I removing it). unlike other fuses that show a disconnect during inspection of the fuse, this one showed just a little brown spot at the connection - so it was difficult for me to see that initially.

Replacing it with a like fuse, resolved the codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts