Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I noticed a small but very discernible scratch on the dash right next to the radio console. The interior is saddle - so the dash is brown. For some reason I thought the dash was brown plastic, but it seems as if it is actually tan plastic that has been painted brown. How can I touch up this spot? Does Acura make interior touch-up paint for painted interior surfaces?

Any advice?

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
The guys at one of the Car Stereo Places I frequent told me to heat it a bit with a lighter and it should heal itself.
I thought they were crazy but, I gave it a try. It does help some but did not completely remove the scratch. Be careful though. As you might imagine, it would not take much heat to cause some real damage.

Otherwise you will find that almost all dealerships have folks that stop by and do that type of repair work on their cars (especially the used ones). Might get with the service dept or the used car manager at your dealership and ask. This has worked for me many times in the past.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mig
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing